Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Nice German 210. I was a high-end Swiss SIG collector from the late 80's to about 2000-2005. Amazing quality and detail. Second to none, but pricier than almost everything else.
This was one of my 210's. NIB 210-2.
View attachment 1716312544View attachment 1716312545

View attachment 1716312546
Those things are fantastic. I’ve drooled over some of the stuff you’ve posted pictures of in the past. Spending so much time in Switzerland and having the access I did, I became a big fan of their equipment. Had the opportunity to handle and fire every Swiss service rifle of the last 150 years. 1889 Schmidt-Rubin, K11, K31, Stgw 57, and Stgw 90 (Sig 550). Couldn’t afford the really cool ones but I have a couple K31 I compete with. I also have an 1881 Vetterli that I’ve converted to center fire to put back in action. It has a perfect bore, like most Swiss rifles do, and will shoot easy 1.5 moa groups at 100yds using a Redfield International target sight I adapted to it.

Those things are fantastic. I’ve drooled over some of the stuff you’ve posted pictures of in the past. Spending so much time in Switzerland and having the access I did, I became a big fan of their equipment. Had the opportunity to handle and fire every Swiss service rifle of the last 150 years. 1889 Schmidt-Rubin, K11, K31, Stgw 57, and Stgw 90 (Sig 550). Couldn’t afford the really cool ones but I have a couple K31 I compete with. I also have an 1881 Vetterli that I’ve converted to center fire to put back in action. It has a perfect bore, like most Swiss rifles do, and will shoot easy 1.5 moa groups at 100yds using a Redfield International target sight I adapted to it.
Man between you and @MMissile I got to go change shirts, way to much drool down the front! I have seen several K31s in action and generally speaking the guys shooting them are pretty darn handy with them! They shoot straight as strings.

Man between you and @MMissile I got to go change shirts, way to much drool down the front! I have seen several K31s in action and generally speaking the guys shooting them are pretty darn handy with them! They shoot straight as strings.
I love me a nice Springfield or Garand but the quality of machining you see in the Swiss rifles put the others countries to shame. I’m sure that not being at war helps with that but still, the execution is superb. My best handloads for the K31 using sierra matchking bullets barely bettered the groups I got using the surplus GP11 ammo loaded by Ruag. Everyone I’ve owned was solid sub-moa with the Swiss target sights.

Last edited:
-
Back