Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
In original condition, that could be worth a bit more than the 06 versions to a collector. I had an early 30-06 and that was a bad kicker using a scope. Too much drop in the butt and a steel plate. It shot well with a red field receiver sight though.
It’s pretty original. Has a Williams peep sight and an ancient recoil pad on it.

I am familiar with the 721 recall. I elected to simply replace the trigger and safety with a Timney unit. The rifle now has a perfect 2 lb trigger pull without concern about accidental discharge.

When I received my 721 the barrel looked bad. It grouped like a shotgun. I plugged the muzzle and filled the barrel with hoppies 9 and let it soak.That worked very well. The thing shoots very good now. 30-06

Last edited:
Dog wash last night. No idea what but she got into something dead or rotten... came trotting up all proud of herself.... OH HECK NO

Springtime fresh now :lol:

Dog wash last night. No idea what but she got into something dead or rotten... came trotting up all proud of herself.... OH HECK NO

Springtime fresh now :lol:
Outdoor under the hose?
Always found that worked better than trying to get the dog into a bathtub.

Essence a la dog! Rabbit poop roll for the win at our house. Which is not to bad unless it has just rained. Hemi has been super clingy this week while we “stage” the house for selling. Her couch got taken to storage yesterday. Not a happy dog. Shepard’s do not like it when stuff gets moved, they are very routine oriented.

Essence a la dog! Rabbit poop roll for the win at our house. Which is not to bad unless it has just rained. Hemi has been super clingy this week while we “stage” the house for selling. Her couch got taken to storage yesterday. Not a happy dog. Shepard’s do not like it when stuff gets moved, they are very routine oriented.

Yeah I get that... Arwen was very stressed when I was moving...

Outdoor under the hose?
Always found that worked better than trying to get the dog into a bathtub.

There is a dog wash kiosk down at the local car wash. Comes in handy with the elevated platform and hand sprayer. Less mess in the house....also has a high volume blow dryer. I do bring cleaning supplies to disinfect before getting her up on the platform.

There is a dog wash kiosk down at the local car wash. Comes in handy with the elevated platform and hand sprayer. Less mess in the house....also has a high volume blow dryer. I do bring cleaning supplies to disinfect before getting her up on the platform.
Yep we use the same setup here. Cost is minimal wash her, fluff dry her and walk away from the mess! Most of the dogs at the wash station like it. I am guessing folks with il mannered dogs don’t bring them to the kiosk. Hemi loves the dryer! She fluffs up then when we get her home she races around the yard like a pup!

races around the yard like a pup!
Alsways fun to see that.
Chelsea liked the towel game. I'd throw a big tpowel over her and she'd roll in it play tug with etc. 95% of the time was not a formal cleaning, just getting soaked in the rain. The belly area is the one place where the mud clings to the soft fur. Always had a blanket or towel on the back seat of the vehicles.

This dude is a serious pain for clean up after a day in the woods but we take him a long to check trail cameras.

CE95230A-4BC1-4956-9054-8A86BF42C482.jpeg

Always had a blanket or towel on the back seat of the vehicles.

I picked up one of those dog-covers for the back seat of the truck. It attaches to the headrest. Nice that it's waterproof (pull it out and vacuum/hose it off) so I can just toss her in there after she's been racing through the swamp or stream. It also creates a "hammock" that keeps her off the floorboards if I have to stop quick.

I picked up one of those dog-covers for the back seat of the truck. It attaches to the headrest. Nice that it's waterproof (pull it out and vacuum/hose it off) so I can just toss her in there after she's been racing through the swamp or stream. It also creates a "hammock" that keeps her off the floorboards if I have to stop quick.
Remember I live in another time.
A time when rear headrests didn't exist

Looking forward to going to my bud's ranch and getting the red dot optics sighted in. And sleeping in the treehouse. :)

Looking forward to going to my bud's ranch and getting the red dot optics sighted in. And sleeping in the treehouse. :)
I am guessing you got it covered but mounting your red dot to a AR platform is very easy. Don’t attach your lower, mount your optic with correct eye relief then you can literally look right thru the upper, center the circle of light in the shadow ring on same object you are dialing red dot to then assemble and you will be pretty close, fine tune a bit with live ammo. The hardest part is not moving the rifle as you toggle your head between looking thru bbl and looking thru red dot. Duct tape helps secure the upper! Hah! Using this method saves a lot of ammo!

So today is my last day working for da man. I retire today. Moving forward this will allow me to focus on our training center. While cleaning out my desk this morning I found this little gem. I kept it as a memento from long ago. The rules were simple, first one to pick it up (no gloves) and retain possession got to keep it. I cannot begin to tell you how hot they are after penetrating thick plate armor. This one was perfect.

6501C0F7-CC9A-42B7-968B-76287A4ACFFF.jpeg

FD1E3040-E4C1-42B0-97B7-8CFE7A0A6A90.jpeg

So today is my last day working for da man. I retire today. Moving forward this will allow me to focus on our training center. While cleaning out my desk this morning I found this little gem. I kept it as a memento from long ago. The rules were simple, first one to pick it up (no gloves) and retain possession got to keep it. I cannot begin to tell you how hot they are after penetrating thick plate armor. This one was perfect.

View attachment 1715975977

View attachment 1715975978

Nice little conversation piece.

-
Back