Guttering joiner patchs, questions????

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Hi all, took the stainless trim off my 75 dusters guttering and found the joiner patches that fill the gap between the A-pillar gutter and the roof gutter are missing. Will probably have to make some as I want to remove the trim. Seeing the previous owner pulled them off, it doesn't appear that originally they would have been welded in place. Were they just crimped in place? Theres no sign of paint or primer behind them either, so looks like a rust trap to me, plenty of seam sealer I guess?
Should they be welded in? Has anyone else had to do this?

Last edited:
Are you talking about right at the corner? Did they actually have a piece there? When I took my trim off, there was nothing at the corner, but my car was repainted long ago, though I don't think they bothered to remove all the trim.
Unless someone offers an alternative, I would weld something in, then use something waterproof to fill/smooth, like JB Weld, then paint.

I think that piece was only used on cars without the drip rail trim.

There was definitely some patches there, by the way there's no paint only surface rust. My 74 duster has no drip rail trim and the joiner piece is the exact measurement of the patch with no paint on my 75 duster. I've seen repro' joiner patches for GM cars available but probably better to make my own, but still can't tell from my 74 if they were welded in.

There was definitely some patches there, by the way there's no paint only surface rust. My 74 duster has no drip rail trim and the joiner piece is the exact measurement of the patch with no paint on my 75 duster. I've seen repro' joiner patches for GM cars available but probably better to make my own, but still can't tell from my 74 if they were welded in.
Found out they're just clipped in from a friend who did similar...now anyone got any laying around?

-
Back