Guys at the shows and cruises are really rude

-
i am just starting to get back in to the cars. i have always enjoyed them but went with my first love as a jeeper. car shows are nice and my wife and i walk down to Packared field when they have them. you are going to deal with all kinds of people good and the bad. if some one is sitting leaning on your car ask them to please move on. if they don't like your car well thats thier thoughts not yours. you drive and you enjoy it. i was one that was brought up to show respect for other peoples thing hold doors open say please and thank you for thing that need to be done. i have tryed to teach to my kids so that they will

Ink, I never said I dont like the Opinions, That makes for good convrsation and who knows maybe I'll even learn something. BUT when someone comes over and leans on yor car that your have 100 hrs+ in prep work and thinks nothing of it then it pisses you off.. It is just lack of respect..Lets say you have a custom chopper and I walk over and jump on it and just sit there on your bike. I would bet we are going to have words and if I give you attitude I would bet it would get physical real quick..As far as your art work/tatoos I usually ask about them because most of the time they tell a life story or a memory of something or someone. Helping others is one of the best feelings a person can have if the person is thankful. But if they act like its your job to do it for them I just reply: your welcome have a nice day...Bill

We quit going to shows a few years ago. It's always that same 'ol crap. Same cars, same people, same stupid 50's music. If I hear "hotrod Lincoln I feel like puking.
The very last show we went to was at M.I.S. Some jackhole with a sassygrass 71 Duster was parked next to my wifes 73 Duster and proceeded to nitpick her car on how incorrect it was. She won a trophy that day and Mr.Correct duster didn't. He threw his **** in his trunk pissed off like and sped off.

When some one is rude at a car show,just ask them what type of rusted out piece of **** car they brought,they will get the message,if they don,t,you know how many brains cells are working,Mrmopartech

When some one is rude at a car show,just ask them what type of rusted out piece of **** car they brought,they will get the message,if they don,t,you know how many brains cells are working,Mrmopartech

My dad goes to shows with his lil red express, sometimes he sees rough expresses, and he trys to help the owners out by giving them advice on sources for parts, and repop stuff. Me i have no interest in car shows. I may go occasionally to look at other peoples cars, and get ideas for mine, but i never bothered to put any of the cars i have fixed up over the years in shows. Id rather drive them and enjoy them that way.

Here's a good one for you. I was at a county fair I just bought a brand new Stratus RT. It was parked in the parking area next to the track where a Demolition Derby was to take place. I was sitting in the grandstands and looked out to the parking area and there was these to a-sholes sitting on the hood of my car.. I ran down jumped over the fence and went over to them and asked is that your car? They said why? I said because its mine and if there is one scatch on that hood I am going to beat you sense-less. They started giving me attitude so I grab the bigger one of them by the shirt and pulled him off my car. He then relized he was in over his head and apoligized to which he got a stern lesson of respect for others property...There were no scratches thank God, but the nerve of people is just rediculous. On the way back to the grandstands the sheriff/security officers asked me what was going on, so I told them and they went over and talked to them too...Bill

Thats what a cruise-in is you drive it to a burger joint to get a burger and hang out with friends etc... Bill

I heard plenty of nasty comments from *** clowns when the Dart was 3 colors, front clip in primer (interestingly enough some of those very same *** clowns gave me all kinds of positive comments once it was done.. Even telling me it was so much nicer than that piece of **** Dart I used to own, not realizing they were looking at the same car).

Lol, I get this one too. I've had my Dart for about 12 years, but only in the past few years have I started going to car shows with my 65 Valiant which is daily driver status, still, it's a cool little survivor. The comment in getting a lot now that I'm done the Dart is, "Hey, we all like that new car you bought, glad to see it instead of that piece of sh*t Valiant." Uhh.. Thanks. By the way, it took me 5 years of hard work to restore that car.

The leaning on someone's car thing pisses me off too, however I find they're always having a conversation with their buddies and not even looking at my car! That is extremely rude! Just the other day at a car show I had a woman wanting a picture in front of my car, so she turns around in front of the hood, puts her hands on the hood, and hoists herself up onto it! Needless to say I had a few unpleasant things to say.

My paint is fresh, and I've already got a hundred scratches in it from people leaning.

I get stereotyped constantly when I am wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt....the name inkjunkie came about due to my arms/legs being sleeved. Nothing like holding the door for a woman that just gave me the evil eye because of my artwork.

I gotta admit I was guilty of this once. When I was probably 10-11 years old we were gettin gas and I was walkin into the station to get a drink, there was the big, rough lookin, tatt'd up biker just ahead of me n I instantly thought he was pry pretty bad n I was a little scared. When he got to the door he glanced over his shoulder n when he saw me behind him he held the door n said "go ahead, buddy" I tell you what, my train of thought changed pretty fast!!

As far as the earlier part of your comment, you have truly given me something to think about and to work on! I wanna be someone who brings a small glimmer of light into someone's life! Thanks for the eye opening challenge!!

As far as the respect at shows, tbh I'm almost scared at car shows! Every 2nd Saturday during the summer there's a cruise in here in town and I've gone twice this year to just look at cars. Both time I walked around like I was walking the a mine field!! Like I said, I almost get scared around nice cars! One little stumble could mean a scratch on someone else's piece of art!!

My local cruise is filled with a bunch of older, grey haired fellows. Most the cars are between the 30-50's. I remember when I took my '68 Dart GT, I'd sit on my chair next to it (was 20 at the time) and none of the usuals would even bother to come up or talk to me. Definitely didn't feel very welcomed being about 30 years younger than everyone else. A couple weird guys came by my car. Everyone has to point out that I should get my driver's door trim. One guy told me I should switch out my steelies and hub caps for some Cragars because it looks like a grandma's car. The visitors were the nicest people. They actually showed interest and were willing to share their stories. I have found a couple of the older guys at the cruise to be nice. One of them wants me to buy his '73 Challenger with a '70 grille. Lol.

i was raised around cars its the one good thing i can say about my dad i was always told dont touch and never have when i took my everyday driver a 73 charger se 383 bb and 3/4 vinal top yellow paint beat by the sun (took me forever to have buff it to a shine the day before every time) motor wasnt always clean slots were not always perfect interior and trunk had my everyday school and work stuff in it some people turn there noes's up at my ride but i drove her everyday and loved her then some saw her for what she was my pride and joy andthey would talk to me about her and there cars i loved it i miss that car so bad it hurts now i take my 4 door dart or did when she was running i even did when the paint was flaking off and she was bone original then no one even looked the last show i took her too she had 3 of the 4 ralleys on her (got a nail) and i put the 13 inch white wall spare with hub cap on and so many people looked at her all clean freash paint new motor and my odd looking wheel i loved it but being a 4 door so many passed by with out a glance it was no biggie i love my cars i do all my own work never pay a dime for labor and hell im 28 now and cant wait to stuff the 241 hemi in it and really get the "what the hell" looks either way its mine you can talk crap if you want its not yours but heaven help me you lay a finger on my car you will see what a 6'2" 230 pound 3 tour veteran is all about

I came back to my car after getting a slice of pizza with my buddy. There was a 200 lb guy laying in my trunk looking at the under side of the rear speaker deck.

After yelling at him he got out scratching the tail stripe. . I was telling him he has to get me a new stripe. He pushed me and told me to get fucked then walked away.

I went to the person collecting the show money and they laughed. My son is going with me this year. His car is getting keyed at the same spot. An eye for an eye maybe some teeth. It will be great to see his face " Becky's dream come true".

I was told he was checking the vin on the package tray on my car.

Steve, I would have ended that day in jail. If I got pushed like that I would have laid him out. You are much calmer than I am.

I go to a lot of shows. At least twice a week, sometimes more. Most are pretty good and the people are cool. I went to a really nice show in Anoka a few weeks ago. Lots of cool cars I hadn't seen and a great mix of cars. I walked around all night checking out all the great cars. When I got back to my car both mirrors were bent up looking at the sky. People bumped into them and just walked away. I will probably go back to this show, but I am not leaving my car unattended again. Last year I parked and a lot of kids came running up saying what a cool car it was and running their hands on the paint. I told them that my paint job is not that nice but I spent hours washing it. I told them that most people don't want you touching their cars at all. They thanked me and left to check out other cars. I was very impressed. They were good kids.

About 40 years ago I saw this sticker on a car:

"I don't toucha your woman,
You don't toucha my car"

Or try this:

"You mind not?"

"What you afraid I'll scratch the paint?"

"No, I'm afraid I'll lose my temper and KILL you."

I was raised around restoring cars and going to car shows. Even as a child I knew not to touch, lean or sit on ANY part of a car that is not yours. Mind you this is at 5 years old. Guess at 5 I was more mature than most middle aged grown men. I love taking my car to shows and I could honestly care less what people have to say about my car. The only car shows that I choose to attend now are usually all mopar. It's nice to be around people that share your same passion and can relate to your vehicle.
Parents now a days don't know or are afraid to discipline their kids and explain to them why it's not right to touch or lean on other people's stuff! I saw a kid with a toy truck running it all down the side of a beautiful street rod while the ******* parent sat their and did nothing and watched! I went over to the parent and let him have it, and it wasn't even my car! I really don't understand society and how kids are being raised these days. The future is going to be interesting and no wonder why the world is going to ****.

I grew up pretty poor. We didn't know that, we had a vast property for a woodlot, hay for the milk cow and beef, and my Dad was very resourceful.

Some of the cars we had were not all that new, nor all that special. Nevertheless, you did NOT lean on, climb on, or fiddle with our family car and CERTAINLY not the cars of others. It simply was not done.

i grew up pretty poor. We didn't know that, we had a vast property for a woodlot, hay for the milk cow and beef, and my dad was very resourceful.

Some of the cars we had were not all that new, nor all that special. Nevertheless, you did not lean on, climb on, or fiddle with our family car and certainly not the cars of others. It simply was not done.

x100

The lack of respect isnt just at car shows. It every were. No one seems to think before opening their trap now a days.

Partially what is going wrong with society is that we are turning into an entitlement culture. Everywhere we turn there are ads telling us what we "deserve" and "what we want".

The problem is that now people transfer that to every aspect of their lives. People feel like if they want to do something like lean in somebody else's trunk, then they should be able and "dare" stop them.

That explains why people do a lot of things. Drive too fast in all situations, talk on cellphones whenever and wherever, anything. I hate to say this about the USA but maybe it's time we stop having so much stuff available to us. People were nicer and much more considerate when they had to work harder and scrape to have things.

Back then you could probably punch somebody for threatening you and not face being thrown in jail and lawsuits for "damages", "mental anguish" etc etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this country is quickly turning into a nation of demanding, whiny a**holes.

around here the regular car show guys are their own little gang and if you are not in the gang then they don't want you around.

and the way to get "in" is have a car that is considered a "high profile" car by them

the last few shows i went to made me think that actually hate people sometimes.

there basically has be a pompous *** jerk in every crowd, even here on FABO are a few. but at a local show you cant push an ignore button.

i do my own shows in my own yard, my cars are for my enjoyment anyway and i don't really care if some car show gang don't like it.

i used to own "high profile" cars but that brings on the crowd i don't like and are boring so now i enjoy my slanty and unrestored Joe dirt cars myself, i am actually glad that i don't have any "show cars" anymore.

Mater has rust and dents yet everyone likes him so why not my cars.
my dart has a dent that i am leaving in it bcoz i am the one who put it there :D

Attachments

• Tow-Mater-disney-pixar-cars-8365921-1700-1100.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 188
WOW, reading this stuff just amazes me. I attend a lot of car shows as most of you know. I have NEVER, I MEAN NEVER had anybody hardly touch my car. once in awhile I will see parents come around and their kids will point to the monkey sitting in the seat but I have always heard the parents tell them not to touch the car. The only think they touch on the car will be the picture book I have on the front radiator of the process from start to finish. I don't know if it is the area I am located or what but these are stories I could not handle. People around here are not rude like that. I am just shocked to hear some of these stories. If this is what I had to deal with, I would not go either. I guess I am lucky to be where I am at.

I love going to car shows and seeing rows and rows of shiny cars and then you see an unrestored Diamond in the rough. Somehow that car always draws my attention. I just love seeing unrestored survivors. It will be a sad day when we dont see these sorts of cars at shows.

at least you guys don't have people at shows who expect you to pose with cars.....when your female people assume that you automatically want to do modeling and prance on the hood of an old car.

don't get me wrong, I appreciate models and the work they do and the talented photographers that compose them.......but im not a model AHHHGGGGG I hate when people assume so much

I am a purpose built auto technician and auto restorer so I will leave modeling to girls who are purpose built glamour girls.

but guys seem to think your stuck up and get an attitude when you don't want to act like your a model even if your not.

happens at every show .....pisses me off

-
Back