Guys at the shows and cruises are really rude

-
I think of it as a social problem. When the most spoken word changed for STOP to ME people as a whole decided to start acting like a bunch of butt heads they don't seem to get it. People love there cars and if it wasn't for the person putting their time and money into it and bring it out all the older cars would be gone. Damn when was the last time you saw a restored Chevy Chevette ? The way I see it if you don't like what someone else has done move on to something else to look at, but don't touch and don't S talk about someone else's passion because you don't like. People need to keep in mind the HP doesn't have a badge All of the cars we like have had some kind of history it maybe your dad had one or your old brother drove you around in one just like it or the guy down the street had one but all of our cars have some meaning to each of us or we would all drive Chevettes NOT

at least you guys don't have people at shows who expect you to pose with cars.....when your female people assume that you automatically want to do modeling and prance on the hood of an old car.

don't get me wrong, I appreciate models and the work they do and the talented photographers that compose them.......but im not a model AHHHGGGGG I hate when people assume so much

I am a purpose built auto technician and auto restorer so I will leave modeling to girls who are purpose built glamour girls.

but guys seem to think your stuck up and get an attitude when you don't want to act like your a model even if your not.

happens at every show .....pisses me off

Holy Moly when did you get back into town, Rani, LOL?

I heard plenty of nasty comments from *** clowns when the Dart was 3 colors, front clip in primer (interestingly enough some of those very same *** clowns gave me all kinds of positive comments once it was done.. Even telling me it was so much nicer than that piece of **** Dart I used to own, not realizing they were looking at the same car).

I love going to car shows and seeing rows and rows of shiny cars and then you see an unrestored Diamond in the rough. Somehow that car always draws my attention. I just love seeing unrestored survivors. It will be a sad day when we dont see these sorts of cars at shows.

We'll see how many negative comments I get with the Old Man's '54. My plans are to work on it over the winter and drive it in the summer, keeping it a rolling "restoration."

I also plan on hitting a couple of local shows like this. Letting it kinda be a snapshot of the process. Wonder how many "make it a hot rod," "why bother with a four door," "I would have done it this way," "put a 302 in it" comments I'll get?

Hey, Doug, I'm still one of those who hold the door open. I can be quite the positive experience. I was walking out of the local pharmacy when I was a kid (my early 20's) and was holding the door open for an elderly woman with a walker. There were two doors, not more than 4 feet apart and to get through you pretty much had to hold both doors at the same time. I stood there patiently, as she worked her way through both sets of doors.

She made a comment about how she was trying to hurry as I stood there holding both doors for her.

I told her, "I can wait all day for a beautiful woman like you." Made her day. The smile on her face was well worth it. Probably the first time she'd had a comment like that in decades.

I get looked at like I have two heads when I walk down a grocery store aisle and excuse myself for walking between a person and the items he or she is looking at. Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop, I just find it amusing that most people don't even know what manners are.

Saying "thank you," "please," "excuse me," all seem to be words that are missing from today's age. It was how I was raised. And Lord forbid if you should even know what the words "ma'am" or "sir" are.

I remember a while back my aunt Sandy was in town...she lives in the rural south and is very religious and reserved. She took a little trip up to the drug store and was headed towards the door when a young punk passed her by and grabbed the door and held it open for her and said " after you, Buttercup"!!! She still blushes when we call her buttercup, years after this happened!!

Still good people everywhere you look, you just gotta look past the idiots, and look past the tattoos!! Geof

My local cruise is filled with a bunch of older, grey haired fellows. Most the cars are between the 30-50's. I remember when I took my '68 Dart GT, I'd sit on my chair next to it (was 20 at the time) and none of the usuals would even bother to come up or talk to me. Definitely didn't feel very welcomed being about 30 years younger than everyone else. A couple weird guys came by my car. Everyone has to point out that I should get my driver's door trim. One guy told me I should switch out my steelies and hub caps for some Cragars because it looks like a grandma's car. The visitors were the nicest people. They actually showed interest and were willing to share their stories. I have found a couple of the older guys at the cruise to be nice. One of them wants me to buy his '73 Challenger with a '70 grille. Lol.

I've ran into this. I also notice the nicer, more expensive car, the snootier the owner tends to be. Not just at car shows either.

Back when I was heavily into Mustangs, I had a nice late-model Mustang that I took to a local show. As I was backing in beside the next car, I heard the owner say something smart about the kind of car that would be beside him.

The clincher was that his own car was one of those tiny old MGB convertibles. I personally have no use for them but I certainly wouldn't have said so.

That said, I have a BIG problem with people that feel compelled to audibly give their negative assessment of other cars, loudly. I guess the only answer can possibly be that these people's parent's FAILED to teach them if they don't have something nice to say, don;t say anything at all.

Not everybody in this world has as a**load of money to buy a high-dollar car, PAY somebody to restore it for them, then tow it around on a trailer to all the shows.

We went to the Tennessee Valley Mopar Club show this year and in 2011, and both times we were struck by how non-conversant the car owners were. If they were there at the car they all had their chairs circled around under a tent talking to each other. And that's some of you guys on this board because I saw your cars there.

I stopped giving a **** about what everyone else thinks. It's my car: I like it and if they don't then they can get bent. I especially love the guys who paid someone to do everything on their car and act stuck up about things at shows.

those guys pay for their women too. in many ways. lmao
they have zero talent, the personality of a fish, and most likely suffer from little man syndrome. so who cares what they think, I don't.

around here the regular car show guys are their own little gang and if you are not in the gang then they don't want you around.

and the way to get "in" is have a car that is considered a "high profile" car by them

the last few shows i went to made me think that actually hate people sometimes.

there basically has be a pompous *** jerk in every crowd, even here on FABO are a few. but at a local show you cant push an ignore button.

i do my own shows in my own yard, my cars are for my enjoyment anyway and i don't really care if some car show gang don't like it.

i used to own "high profile" cars but that brings on the crowd i don't like and are boring so now i enjoy my slanty and unrestored Joe dirt cars myself, i am actually glad that i don't have any "show cars" anymore.

Mater has rust and dents yet everyone likes him so why not my cars.
my dart has a dent that i am leaving in it bcoz i am the one who put it there :D

Hi rani girl glad your back on the site from your vacation. hope you had a good time. are you getting back into the slot cars? i just finished up a vacation with family in New Jersey myself. nice beaches, and the boardwalk, plus good seafood.

PM me about the slot cars sometime.

matt

-
Back