Had a discussion with the wife...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
And she asked me to put this out here for your opinion. Please, be honest. She has a sister that, well, there really is no polite way to put it, slept around alot. She got married young, while still in high school and was divorced shortly after. Since I have known my wife, which is a bit over 11 years, he sister has been engaged at least 6 times. She thinks nothing of when her fiancee is away going out and getting laid. She was recently at a family function with her fiancee and ended up hooking up with a guy she has not seen from high school. Mind you she is 47. Well, she quit her job with the city of Seattle 2 years before would have been eligible to retire to be with this guy. What my wife would like opinions on is this, when Chapalito, as I call him, showed up to help her move he found her photo albums of her past, incuding pictures of all of her boyfriends. He freaked out and demanded that she throw them away....what say you? So fire away, and be honest.......

I think he better wake up and smell reality. If she slept around on everybody else, there is a 99.99% chance she is going to sleep around on him. As far as the pictures go, they shouldn't make any difference to him as long as she isn't getting them out and comparing him to them.

Jack

What's your sister in law's number?

She was recently at a family function with her fiancee and ended up hooking up with a guy she has not seen from high school.

You mean she sneaked away and banged him??.....or she dumped her fiancee and is now shacking up with this dude?

What my wife would like opinions on is this, when Chapalito, as I call him, showed up to help her move he found her photo albums of her past, incuding pictures of all of her boyfriends. He freaked out and demanded that she throw them away....what say you? So fire away, and be honest.......

**** that....imagine someone telling you what you can keep and what you can't. (?!) I could understand if she was displaying the pics in the house somewhere......but still, the chick sounds like a ****tard I'd wouldn't wanna be anywhere near.....

That one made me laugh out loud. Good thing the office is empty right now.

In theory, prior relationships and pictures would not bother me. If she hasn't grown up by age 47........

OK reality check.... when a man sleeps around he is a stud, when a women sleeps around she is a slut.... BULLSHIT!!! we all get ONE life ( men and women alike) and how we select to enjoy it is UP TO EACH OF US.... what she does before making a commitment is HER BUSINESS, what she does after making a commitment is for her husband and a judge to decide.
PICTURES? everybody has a "past" if he cant deal with that he needs to grow up a tad or move down south and look for daisy DUke's lil sister? Because the ONLY people I know that do not have any type of similar past, are virgins...... HOW does one get angry at a photograph? does he think the photos care that he is angry? or is he angry at her because someone took her picture before he met her? that is just silly and childish

neither are candidates for marriage and definitely NOT candidates for being parents!!!

Yeah, I've got some in-laws like that. Too bad she quit her job, but the bottom line is it doesn't matter what advice you give her, she'll find a way to screw it up worse and expect someone else to come in and pick up the pieces. Sorry if that is harsh, I don't know her, just speaking from my experience.

Personal responsability is like underwear - if you don't have any of your own, don't try to borrow someone else's.

You mean she sneaked away and banged him??.....or she dumped her fiancee and is now shacking up with this dude?
She was with her fiancee, who is now her ex fiancee and snuck away and banged this dude she is with now. My wife, who fires from the hip and can often times be as gentle as a sledgehammer has asked her if she will be able to keep her legs shut.....

What's your sister in law's number?
1-800-Dial-A-Ho, ext 1 to reach the other ho the family, my sister press 2.....Her name is Socorro, but around here it is Socorho. My wife was on the phone with her one day and it "accidentally" slipped out....

That one made me laugh out loud. Good thing the office is empty right now.

In theory, prior relationships and pictures would not bother me. If she hasn't grown up by age 47........
Glad I could provide a laugh:toothy10::toothy10:.....I have been laughing about my sister in law ever since my wife first told me about her.....

I think he better wake up and smell reality. If she slept around on everybody else, there is a 99.99% chance she is going to sleep around on him. As far as the pictures go, they shouldn't make any difference to him as long as she isn't getting them out and comparing him to them.

Jack

i agree 100%

She was with her fiancee, who is now her ex fiancee and snuck away and banged this dude she is with now. My wife, who fires from the hip and can often times be as gentle as a sledgehammer has asked her if she will be able to keep her legs shut.....

The pictures are her past, there is no changing that.

Her actions are her present, she needs to change that if she wants her marriage to succeed and your wife was telling her that in her own way, lol. Your wife was right.

If someone is to truly love this woman they are going to have accept her past and love her for who she is but she is going to have to change and that kind of change comes from within and doesn't happen overnight.

JMO

Man at 47 it got to be gettin to be a hard sell if you know what I mean. Quit a city job two years befor retirement-You can't fix stupid. In her mind she is sitting on whats most importent to her. Lost cause IMO.

on the Stud remark... If a guy gets around nowadays, like quite a bit, he is considered a "man-*****". Atleast thats how my generation sees it, and I kinda have to agree. If you have slept with 12 different girls in one year, you're getting pretty sleezy. If a girl does the same but with guys, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't touch that with a 15ft pole with a condom on it.

I think the picture thing is absurd. Everyone has a past, you can't make their past just disappear. I think these two have some growing up to do. To be honest inkjunkie, it sounds like a situation I am all too familiar with, I'd keep my nose out of it and let them screw their own lives up, you can keep trying to fix it and make it better, but all you are gonna do is bring this drama mama further into your life and make your own life hell. Trust me on this. She's a big girl now, let her make her own decisions, even if they aren't the right ones, they are hers to make. Me and my sisters have been struggling with my father trying to get him to make the right choices but he won't listen and the further we get involved, the further my psycho step-mom fights what we are trying to do. My father has an inflamed heart which means that plaque will build up on his valves in his heart if he doesn't take care of himself and change his diet and lifestyle of drinking and smoking. But he simply refuses because his wife says its okay and continues to feed him deep fried foods, cheese, eggs, and encourages him to keep on drinking like a fish and driving around. We have tried even sitting him down at a table with all his family members that love him dearly but he won't listen and she just gets pissed and calls us and tells us how we need to quit ruining their lives together and that how me and my sisters as his children are screwing his life up and we are the worst children one can ask for.

No offense meant to you inkjunkie, I know you are a good and caring guy and your heart is in the right place which is absolutely fantastic, but in this situation, you probably aren't gonna change anything. If its been this way for 30 years, its gonna be hard to change it without some life changing near death epiphany.:angry7:

Does the new guy know that she cheated on her ex with him? If so then just let them be together and then split up when she cheats on him. If you know that your girl cheated on her dude to be with you, then you have to know she's going to cheat on you to be with another guy. Thats the risk you take with it.

Now if he has absolutely no idea about it all, then thats another story. If he seems like a stand up guy then you have to tell him what the deal is.

If she's still doing that crap at 47, it's who she is, and won't likely change. My ex wife had a promiscuous past (which I didn't know until we were getting divorced 7 years later), and even though she tried and wanted to be faithful, couldn't help herself. She's 41 now, and still always has the "vacancy" sign up on front, and "space available" on back.

As I told my ex's 2nd hubby......
....................I hope she is faithful to you as she was to me!

She is now on her 4th.

Its very,very eazy.First thing to do is throw the photo album away for sure,then throw the sister away and tell here never to come back,you don,t need her bull ****,and only have enough money for 1 wedding gift,not 12,mrmopartech

I kind of get the sense no one gives a rats a*s. I don't. She's 47 for gods sake. Good she can still bang em, young or old. Most people this age only wish they had a woman / man that was horny 24/7! Commitment? that's her own business! Hit the sheets girl!

:read2:

-
Back