Had enough of this summer bs

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Red flag warnings, extreme wild fire risks. Haven't seen rain since end of May or so. Patiently waiting for fall....

Red flag warnings, extreme wild fire risks. Haven't seen rain since end of May or so. Patiently waiting for fall....

Hey man, global warming means more of this...
What's not to like?
bikini.jpg
bikini.jpg

Well it's been summer down here for four months. The only good thing the last month we get rain everyday, so it keeps it bearable. But, it's still to HOT.

And yet we had an incredibly wet winter and late spring...................

Fire....Fire....fire....was a fire just down the road on off on 291 last night. Glad we have some extremely hard working fire crews.
We live in an area that is a mix of open fields and woods with a lot of careless people. 2 Fires at the boat dock, about 3/8 of a mile. One was started by 4 fools lighting fireworks, after the temporary ban came out on them, other by an idiot that let her camp fire get away from her. Mikes fire, he had his annual party, someone didn't extinguish a cigarette..soldered for a day then went up. Pretty much torched every tree on his 5 acres. The idiot Russian dude, burning trash (illegal) on a 95* windy day, during a burn ban. Rail Canyon fire, kids with fireworks. That one burned some land, burnt for a week or so.

And yet we had an incredibly wet winter and late spring...................
Then our typical extremely dry, hot summer hits. We haven't seen any rain, minus a very light, 5 minute drizzle, since the end of May.
Seems like no matter what kind of winter /spring we have fire season, aka summer, is always a problem.

People are stupid. Youtube is proof of that....
Yup, this is very true. Stupid question....how many of the You Tube fools are not doing some of that stupid crap simply for their five minutes of fame?

FB_IMG_1500912929221.jpg

As much as it sucks to have fires local seeing this type on initial response is very comforting. These folks are true heros in my book.

There has been fires all around here too. I mean way too close.

It was hotter than a popcorn fart today and I had to help a friend load up his crap in a U-Haul to move. Right in the heat of the day.

I was sweating like a fat man at a donut give away.

I'm ready for a long, long fall.

There has been fires all around here too. I mean way too close.

It was hotter than a popcorn fart today and I had to help a friend load up his crap in a U-Haul to move. Right in the heat of the day.

I was sweating like a fat man at a donut give away.

I'm ready for a long, long fall.
First time in a couple of weeks that our place is under 80* prior to us calling it a day.
Spent 27 years in Jersey. Had a friend that signed his first lease in July...which translated into 7 straight years I helped him move in August. 90*, 90% humidity. Last time he called I was already employed by the USPS, I normally had Sundays off. Asked my boss if I could work a Sunday just to avoid helping him....
Where abouts do you live?

First time in a couple of weeks that our place is under 80* prior to us calling it a day.
Spent 27 years in Jersey. Had a friend that signed his first lease in July...which translated into 7 straight years I helped him move in August. 90*, 90% humidity. Last time he called I was already employed by the USPS, I normally had Sundays off. Asked my boss if I could work a Sunday just to avoid helping him....
I read all these posts, and I gotta say, I`d way rather it be hot, than cold and wet , snow and ice, and stuck in the house ! I hate being stuck in the house in winter, when it`s too cold to even try to warm up the garage. Spring and fall are neat tho.

Just out of Yakima.

Well it's been summer down here for four months. The only good thing the last month we get rain everyday, so it keeps it bearable. But, it's still to HOT.

Which means humidity.

Yeah, no thanks.

Which means humidity.

Yeah, no thanks.
My grandfather used to snowbird in Florida. He was normally back in Jersey by my birthday, April 2nd. He decided one year he was going to stay in Florida. He made it til the end of April...was in Tennessee for training for 1 week...in August. As bad as the summers could get in Jersey the week I spent in Tennessee was brutal.

I know of farmers that had to replant 2 times because of flooding and then gave up after the 3rd flood out.

Went to Wawa tonight to have cup of coffee. At 10 pm the feels like temp was 96 degrees! Hey Snow birds, come get you some of this! Eh!

I know of farmers that had to replant 2 times because of flooding and then gave up after the 3rd flood out.
When we go to town sometimes we go down 231. With the amount of snow/rain we had a couple of the farmers lost some of their fields to flooding...

hows this for summer, im fixing to put in some underground sprinkling today
i have no idea what im doing, but i know there is a 1.5 inch pipe running from the back shed to the side of the house (underground) and i picked up 100 foot of 1 inch pipe and all the couplers i need to put it in and install 5 heads

i allready jimmie rigged up the pond pump to divert water from the waterfall to the pipe (by means of a manual valve body) and hopefully i can get her licked

-
Back