Had to put my dog to sleep Friday

-

64physhy

Reaction score
Still not over it. I had to put my Black Lab/Golden Retriever mix to sleep Friday. He was over 15 years old, and having lots of problems. Went out of town for the weekend and was OK, but as soon as I got home and saw his bed still in it's place, I lost it.

Sorry to hear man. I got a blue heeler thats on the down-slope. I'm not lookin forward to it.

It's always very hard to have to lose a pet, they are just as treasured as members of your own family.But take solace in the fact that your best friend is no longer in pain and that you will have many good memories of him. Prayers sent to you.

sry for your loss aswell 64physhy i too had to put our black lab/shar pei down earlier this year we had him for only 8 short yrs my wife took it the hardest
Terry

Sorry to here that. I had to put my Lab down a while ago, I think of her often. Look at old pictures and remember the fun we had.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I bet you gave him a happy home while you had him 64physhy, It's hard loosing an old friend.

I know what you are feeling man. Thats never an easy thing to do. Are you going to get another one? We had to put our lab down last year. He was only 10.

Sorry, my heart goes out to you. I'm not looking forward to that day myslef. I've got a 13 year old yellow lab/golden retriever cross and an 11 year old yellow lab that are starting to show their years.

Still not over it. I had to put my Black Lab/Golden Retriever mix to sleep Friday. He was over 15 years old, and having lots of problems. Went out of town for the weekend and was OK, but as soon as I got home and saw his bed still in it's place, I lost it.

I know how ya feel.

we lost our cat we had for 8 yrs, her sister reminds us every day how much see is missed.

at least it was old age.
hope u feel better, it takes time.

I know how you feel, we went through the same thing just over two years ago with our 16 year old Dalmatian. It`s a tough decision to make but a necessary one. My condolences.

Sorry to hear this. I've had to do it many times before and it never gets any easier. It's ok to feel the way you do. Sounds like you gave your pup a long, healthy life and I'm sure it was rewarding for everyone. You can never replace a lost pet, but there is always another one waiting to live the next chapter of yours.

Don't know if I want to get another one. Really don't want to go through this again. It's not the first time, but this one was special, so it's a lot harder than the others were.

Sorry to hear,been there a couple times myself.Still think about them all the time,maybe another one is in order?I find that a cat is easier to look after,they can go in/out without having to be walked daily.Good luck.

I know it is hard to think about getting another pet when you have to deal with their ultimate death.

I've asked myself this when I've lost any of my pets ... would I have given up all the years of happiness with them if I could have avoided the pain of their loss? For me, no.

-
Back