Hair Cuts at Great Clips (or where ever) do you tip?

-
I've been trimming my beard for 30 plus years now and cutting my own hair for almost 20years. I don't worry about the back I just let it go. But, back when I used to get haircuts I definately tipped.

Save some money and cut your own.

It ain't hard to do if you like a man style (military) hair cut and can work a trimmer with a mirror, now if you want a hair "style" done then take your head into the chop shop and spend money you could put towards your Mopar.

Don't pay for anything you can do yourself.

It's not hard really.

Buzz the sides with #1

Fade into #2 towards the top/sides, and trim the top with scizzors.....DUN- now you have a manly haircut the chick will dig and you got it for free.

If you mess up then wear a hat for a while.

I get my hair cut in the basement by my wife, I havn't stepped in a salon/barber shop in over a decade. And I dont tip her...lol

I get my hair cut in the basement by my wife, I havn't stepped in a salon/barber shop in over a decade. And I dont tip her...lol

Oh... I'll bet you do! lol

I have a girl who cuts my here, and has been doing so for about 25 years, now. I tip her $5.00.

I have been using Lynn now for 8 years and the shop has moved about 5 miles farther away (now 20 miles).
I can get an appointment with a simple phone call at a time convienent to me and the most I have had to wait is about long enuff to sit down to read a car mag and she calls me.
I have (upon occasion) had to break an appointment and she appreciates the phone call.
Once I got hung in a huge traffic jam at an accident and I called her (I was 5 minutes away) and she was just finishing up with the 2nd guy behind my appointment as I walked in the door 1/2 hour late.
She always asks how I have been, what did you ride today, what car shows have you been to, how are your son's, etc.
I always tip her and have been known to give her a small gift wrapped box at Christmas and also close to her birthday.
It always contains her favorite gift.... the smell of money.

A little kindness goes a long way !

I tip $5. I figure if they're making min wage then they should get some kind of supplemental income because cutting hair is a lot tougher than stocking shelves or working the drive through at mcdonalds.

I'd rather not have to tip for my haircut or food service but owners know they only have to flip for half their employees wages while the customers do the rest. That way they can take home more money. Pisses me off.

I usually cut my own hair and have done that for the last 17 years; I even used to give myself flat tops. I started doing it since I'm extremely cheap. However, when I used to deploy I wouldn't take my trimmer with me, so I had to pay and I always tipped.

You guys know you secretly go to this guy.. LOL.

gayhairdresser.jpg

-
Back