"Halloween extremes"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
With "that day" coming up, dates such as this form a memory guide for weather and temp extremes. What are yours? In the N end of Idaho I remember TWO that were notable. Not the exact year, but close. Both these happened soon after my discharge from the Navy, so 74-5-6, maybe 77 One occurred either a year or two before the other.

One year I was doing nothing Halloween, had a 64 Dodge I was 'thinking of fixing' at my folks and so, about 8-9PM Halloween I was out in my shirt sleeves working on the thing. It was likely 55ish and I don't remember being too cold

The OTHER year, was one of the first years I had the old FJ-40 Landcruiser. The town had opened up the old movie theater, and had some old double feature for Halloween. Two of us couples had gone, and so, about midnight found me out SCRAPING HEAVY FROST off the LC. I started it up, scraped all the windows, and then GOT INSIDE and scraped frost off the inside!!! It was about 15F!!!!

On a side note, our theater was flim -flammed by McGinnis I think his name was. He called it the Pan-Ida

The Panida Theater - Wikipedia

The Panida Theater - Arts And Entertainment In Sandpoint, Idaho

How the theater, the sign and marquee survived all these years is beyond me--1927

5833981cae8a2d9b16783d48_The_Panida_Theater_crop_small.jpg

We've had Halloweens in the 60's and 70's, then I remember some where it snowed or rained and was cold...

-
Back