hamonic balancer hitting

-
Why you have to be so mean?
Did you forget your pills again?
Or do you two guys know eachother?
Have you tried zooming it?
On your keyboard, you press Ctrl and the "+" sign, together, before you enter a post.
At 300% I can see what timing index is aligned to the damper line.
I'm not being mean. How would you know that unless you hear tone of voice? I'm being realistic. I'm getting tired of coming into these threads trying to help people FREE OF CHARGE and having to pull information like teeth. It's just stupid. There's nothing mean about that.

the back of the balancer is hitting where the timing marks are on the cover, it bottoms out on it
Ok, at least NOW we have a clear description. Did this same balancer and timing cover ever run on the engine together? There is no spacer that installs behind the balancer. .....at least none that I know of.

We are putting in the 360, it was taken apart over a year ago and just sat on shelf until now, the balancer came off the 360 and was put back on but now it is hitting where the timing marks are, the timing cover is brand new so i was thinking the cover is made wrong in that area
Ok, then I believe we have narrowed it down. I would surmise your timing cover is made for a smaller diameter balancer than what you have.

Ok, then I believe we have narrowed it down. I would surmise your timing cover is made for a smaller diameter balancer than what you have.
Or a chinesium knock off that's not made properly, in which case the water pump pulley alignment could be affected.

Know this issue all too well. I had the same thing on my 340, original cover was rotted inside which swapped fluids. Ordered new one from summit believe it was a dorman replacement. The existing balancer hit so ordered summits smaller one but both times came as a bigger balancer. Come to find out they don’t have but is advertised. Ended up milling the timing enough that the balancer would not hit. I have a spare balancer for sale haha.

24EABEA3-DF16-4598-A5A9-B50518AFE4CA.jpeg

600FD3CE-0CEB-4D20-AC63-AA7CFCEE36E9.jpeg

C6076990-1C73-41AB-B2A2-B2411AB2E479.jpeg

A202654F-E36B-45DB-8EFE-78D1B02BE0B5.jpeg

C698793D-49B3-4BA5-AD13-1680A528284F.jpeg

D2A92F2B-2233-4BBB-AEAF-CDF1C0ED0EF1.jpeg

We are putting in the 360, it was taken apart over a year ago and just sat on shelf until now, the balancer came off the 360 and was put back on but now it is hitting where the timing marks are, the timing cover is brand new so i was thinking the cover is made wrong in that area
Do you still have the original timing cover, rule of thumb don't throw anything away until project is done.

-
Back