Happy Birthday Bill Dedman

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Happy birthday Bill...77 and still kicking.
Hope you have a Great day !!! :eek:ccasion:

Holy crap!!! Only 77? You mean I'm going to have to read disparaging posts
about slanty heads for another 30+ years?!?! :D:D

Happy birthday Bill,keep on rockin' !!

I wish I had all his wisdom from all he has dun and wrote, he wrote for many car magazines, Happy Birthday big brother !! Lets do some BBQ again soon !

Happy birthday Bill...77 and still kicking.
Hope you have a Great day !!! :eek:ccasion:
:wack:
Well, better late than never, they say...

Here it is, the last day of January and I JUST discovered this thread in which a good many of my online (FABO) friends wished me a happy birthday.

Shame on me.....:eek:ops:

I apologize to all concerned for not seeing these really nice notes back in December.

I cannot imagine how I missed it... (them?)

Maybe I'm gettin' old... LOL! (oops; too late!)

Anyway, thank you ALL, so much for the well-wishes! You just made my day!!!!:cheers:

Happy Birthday Bill! What have you done to your car since herb and I visited his summer? Hope you are out enjoying it. :blob:

Happy Birthday Bill! What have you done to your car since herb and I visited his summer? Hope you are out enjoying it. :blob:

I changed the rear axle ratio from a 3:55:1, to a 2.76:1 and put a spool in it.. The turbo slant sixes LIKE numerical final-drive ratios in the 2's..... weird, I know, but they run better and faster that way...

Last time out, it went went a 7.6 / 95.5 mph in the eighth. That equates to a quarter-mile of about 12 seconds flat at 112 mph. That was done on 15-pounds of boost.

More boost is coming... maybe 20-pounds, the next time out. That should do something...:banghead:

Thanks for asking! :cheers:

Don't know how I missed this in December either! Happy birthday Bill!! Lookin forward to seein what 20psi will do in that valiant!!

Happy birthday Bill. I enjoy your posts.

Thanks, Cliff. I lived in Walnut Creek from 1980 'till 1988. Then, Hayward until 2004.

Concord was always my stomping grounds...

Is Claim Jumper still around? I loved their layer cakes.... HUGE! :blob:

Thanks for the nice comments...

Don't know how I missed this in December either! Happy birthday Bill!! Lookin forward to seein what 20psi will do in that valiant!!

So far, it goes 12-flat/112 mph on 15 pounds; 20's gotta be faster than that.... or..... BOOM!!! LOL!

Guess I'll find out when the strip opens.... I ran a compression check and all cylinders are between 160-165, so, it's not "hurt" yet.... (with good oil pressure and no bearing noise.):D

Thanks for the interest, and the birthday greetings!

-
Back