Harbor Freight Engine Stand

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
I am sure someone else has one of these. I hope it is not just me but mine will not work for a 360. The Arms that are bolted to the plate on the stand are not long enough to reach the Back of the Engine. I can get the 2 Upper arms to attach but not the bottoms. What do you guys suggest i do? Should i not use the arms and maybe use a Thick steel plate?

I am sure someone else has one of these. I hope it is not just me but mine will not work for a 360. The Arms that are bolted to the plate on the stand are not long enough to reach the Back of the Engine. I can get the 2 Upper arms to attach but not the bottoms. What do you guys suggest i do? Should i not use the arms and maybe use a Thick steel plate?
I've never seen a stand that wouldn't reach. Not to challenge your skills, but I would look again for additional adjustment. Post a picture? Is the plate turned upside down?

Ya I have 2, I have 6 engines stands and 2 4 wheel HF and you have to modify the head to make it wide enough, and it holds the motor to high, not a problem for just a short block but when the heads and intake go on it's top heavy. It designed for a jap 4 banger!

Ya I have 2, I have 6 engines stands and 2 4 wheel HF and you have to modify the head to make it wide enough, and it holds the motor to high, not a problem for just a short block but when the heads and intake go on it's top heavy. It designed for a jap 4 banger!
Wow. I guess i'll stay away from them.... thanks

Yea, no it's not just you. I had the same problem, you just have to get creative to make it work. As long as you can get a small block Chevy on it , they didn't care. I also used a piece of 2x4 wedged between the front support and the front of the block because I didn't trust it

Not sure what you guys have, but the 318 for my Dart is on a 2,000 lb harbor freight engine stand right now. The stand is about 5 years old. No problems whatsoever.

2000 lb. Capacity Foldable Engine Stand
image_21269.jpg

Yeah I don't like the "T" shaped engine stands, even if they have 2 casters out front. The folding kind with the angled legs are more stable and they take up less room when I'm not using them. Plus I have a few early Hemi's that may eventually be on a stand so the extra capacity is a good thing. I've also found that with Harbor freight stuff it's a lot nicer to have the stuff that's rated for 2x the capacity I need. Sure, the 750 lb rated stand will more than hold up the engine, but it's not nearly as stable or solid feeling when you're working on the engine. The 2k lb stand is rock solid.

Bought a HF 1000 lb engine stand yesterday...installed 360 block on it....flip the head over so the horizontal slots are on the bottom...and the diagonal slots are on the top...

I also used the two bottom bolt holes on the block...used a bolt with a nut...

I have three. A 318 on one, a 360 on one, and a 283 Chevy on one. All of mine work fine.

I must be doing something wrong or i am Jinxed. Could i burden someone and ask for a picture of their small block on one of these 1000# Stands?

Booya! Dont let it swing over when you are turning it as its rather top heavy but I uses it like this.
20170108_154124.jpg

Yup. That's a goodun. I have 2. My Hemi sat on one for two years. I still have a 360 on another. People get the cheapest **** they can find and then wonder why it doesn't work right. I got both mine for well under 100 each with a big coupon. If you buy the cheapest **** from Harbor Freight, be ready to discover it;s just that. Cheap ****.

Not sure what you guys have, but the 318 for my Dart is on a 2,000 lb harbor freight engine stand right now. The stand is about 5 years old. No problems whatsoever.

View attachment 1715005741

View attachment 1715005741

Ill try that. I have had this for years like that but.....Maybe I never thought of flipping it! Duh.

-
Back