Hard Block

-

19mopar65

Reaction score
Has anyone put hard block in they're race engines? If so how does it work and is it a good idea?

If you need it, it mimics cast iron in terms of stability and thermal changes. It's very effective, but like was said... If you run other than methanol you will need to address the cooling situation. It is a little tricky to get perfect, and if you get it wrong it cant be removed. It's something anyone can do but you need to know what you're doing.

planning on building a 400 stroker engine with the works in and on it do you think I need it??

i have it in mine with no ishues. its a street car not filled all the way up. had a sleve put in the moter and the machienest reckomended it. it does not heat up.

You need to know a lot more than that. I've never needed it on a street engine. Give all the details on the car and engine build plan...

I am also planning a 400 stroker build and like opinions on how much HP a factory block can handle? I plan on to use hard block or main gridle, The motor would be a race only aluminum rod motor.

HP levels are always subjective. Running AL rods will help a ton. As do light pistons and a good crank. The less the parts move and flex, the more power the block can take. But there's also the economy of prepping a stock block. If you dont have to run one, and if this is a project that might have some growth later (bigger, faster, whatever) then in many cases a new block is only about $1500 more than a factory block with all the treatments. When you are spending way over $10K for a budget race engine with decent heads... Whats another $1500 for expandability and room to be freshened?

-
Back