Hard time keeping my mitts off.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This 72/318/904 Dart is very nearly completely stock, and I’m having a hard time keeping my hands off it.

It’s so tempting to do a 4 barrel, dual exhaust, headers, subframe connectors and custom wheels.

No no no, keep your frikin hands off dummy.
My more sensible inner voice keeps me from it.

IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_2920.jpeg

I’d have a hard time also. That car seems like a perfect candidate for modifying in my opinion.

It's screams Gen III hemi. They say it's only original once. But so are you.

Leaving stock (I believe) defeats the whole purpose of classic car performance era.

Back in the day did we worry about originality? No. It's about "What can I do from my home garage?"

JMO.

Somebody already changed the valve covers, radiator cap, and installed yellow plug wires. Fan shroud is missing. Go for it.

This 72/318/904 Dart is very nearly completely stock, and I’m having a hard time keeping my hands off it.

It’s so tempting to do a 4 barrel, dual exhaust, headers, subframe connectors and custom wheels.

View attachment 1716287914

View attachment 1716287915
The older I get, the easier it becomes to just let them go.

sometimes it's nice to have a bog standard bread & butter runner. it's no muss, no fuss, no drama just for cruising around. makes you appreciate the hopped up one more...

but like you i'd have a hard time not doing at least duals and probably a intake with a small 4bbl... but i wouldn't think twice about subframes and some BBP brakes straight out of the gate!

If I was going to drive it at all, I would at the very least put a good set of dual exhaust on it. But you know how things can snowball from there...

View attachment 1716287914

View attachment 1716287915
Keep it a nice driver... my whole plan was to make a nice super quiet driver and someone gave me a 4.57 pig for free.. it snowballed and i now have a car that will annoy me when i drive it.. it gets out of control too easy :)

why not. its only a 72 dart. nothing real special.. under hood has already been molested, grill painted. the few things you mentioned could only help....

Is the vinyl bubbling at all??

No vinyl, painted.

Perfect car to modify to your liking.

I already have one I like.
5.9 headers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 770, light cam, 42RH overdrive, 3.55 sure grip, 4 wheel power discs, AC.

This yellow one someone resprayed and painted the grill yellow also.
After seeing that I didn’t have a lot of choice but to change it to black. :D

It just sits there, insured and registered, but no one drives it.
Just fired up once in awhile and warmed up.

No vinyl, painted.

5.9 headers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 770, light cam, 42RH overdrive, 3.55 sure grip, 4 wheel power discs, AC.

so the question becomes, is it because it's not fun or inspiring to drive? or because you haven't modified anything and made it "yours"?

sometimes a new pair of shoes is all she needs to feel pretty and want to go out dancing...

Keep it mild as a cruiser that can be enjoyed on a night out. I currently looking at a couple of A bodies that have no engines or transmissions in them. I have a couple of killer engines I could put in whichever one I decide to buy. Just recently, I was just given a mid 70s 318 that is bone stock, complete from air cleaner to pan with a 904 behind it. I think I'm going with it rather than one of my tire shredding engines. That way I can put AC in it with power steering and power disc brakes and the wife can drive it if she wishes to. I enjoy looking at other peoples rompin stompin street cars and I guess I'm getting old now because I want the creature comforts and decent fuel economy.

No vinyl, painted.

@Dan the man

-
Back