Harder than normal starting

-

cmills

Reaction score
Hey guys...I have had my Swinger 340 for over 2 years now with no starting issues. It still starts great cold but when it warms up a little and I shut it off...it doesn't start as readily. This little issue just popped up recently. What should I look for? I didn't change a thing. When I put the pedal to the floor it starts pretty good but you can tell from the exhaust that alot of fuel has been dumped into the carb. Any suggestions?

maybe re-adjust your float ,it could be alittle high.once the carb gets hot and you shut the car off ,it could be percolating.

What kind of carb is it? If it's an Edelbrock or Carter you might have fuel boiling issues. Would you happen to know if the gas you use has changed at all, i.e. oxygenated/ 10% ethanol added?

Hey guys...I have had my Swinger 340 for over 2 years now with no starting issues. It still starts great cold but when it warms up a little and I shut it off...it doesn't start as readily. This little issue just popped up recently. What should I look for? I didn't change a thing. When I put the pedal to the floor it starts pretty good but you can tell from the exhaust that alot of fuel has been dumped into the carb. Any suggestions?

sounds like the carb may be dropping fuel down the intake when you shut it off. next time you shut it off hot, look down the carb and see if any fuel is squirting out any where.

Do you really think the 10% ethanol could cause it????

maybe it could cause the fuel to boil easier in the carb when you shut it off. i really don't know though.

It sounds like you might have a piece of junk on the needle valve which is hanging it open a bit and letting fuel leak into the engine.
When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Wow!!!

Let's see...the last time I changed the filter? Hmmmm. Never. Could be a bit of a problem? Huh?

-
Back