Harland sharp rocker arm spacers/shims??

-

318DSTR

Reaction score
Just bought a set of harland sharp rocker arms. Noticed that it doesn't come with any spacers/shims to align the rockers. Tried to call them today but they close at 11am, so I was wondering if anybody knows what measurements I need to take to order the spacers and shims, and also how much clearance there should be between the spacer and rocker arm body itself(if any). Ill call them again on Monday, but just figured someone on here probably knows the answer so thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks

It's application dependent. Minute differences in the rocker shaft saddles from head to head mean you cannot use one blanket measurement. Make sure the roller is centered on the valve tip. You can use feeler gauges to measure the gap. Hughes sells shims reasonably.

I just measured the shims from a set that i have...

but as said above...you will need to use thinner .015 shims to center the rocker over the vavle...

yes..i was doing them now...are you watching me?

and looking at their web site I figured out I have a set of 1.6 rockers...dam...

as they are not marked

maybe not....was looking at wrong picture

and looking at their web site I figured out I have a set of 1.6 rockers...dam...

as they are not marked

maybe not....was looking at wrong picture

You better stick with them right handed cigarettes. Them left handed ones are messin with you bad.

Yea I have their shafts and adjusters, was thinkin I could just use my factory hold downs, since the car is gonna be mostly street use and not see above 6k very often?

-
Back