Harley guys...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
or anyone that my have some input on Air Ride set up for a soft tail.....

Looking into getting a new frame for my chopper. Part of the "transformation" is going to be using an air ride on the tail end of it. Have read some less than favorable things on pretty much all the different set ups. Some what common complaint of on particular brand is the tendency to pogo a bit, guess the back of the bike is not real settled. Anyhow, if anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate seeing it....

What it is now....

View attachment 1308rsdc4.jpg

and the look I am after down the road.....sort of. This particular bike has a 300 rear tire, mine is a 250. Doug's bike is also a RH belt, mine is a left.

View attachment dougsprostreet (Small).jpg

It is a Kraft Tech frame, 40* rake with a 2" up/5" backbone stretch.

Sorry I can't help......everything I've owned had shocks and swingarms......no softtails.

or anyone that my have some input on Air Ride set up for a soft tail.....

Looking into getting a new frame for my chopper. Part of the "transformation" is going to be using an air ride on the tail end of it. Have read some less than favorable things on pretty much all the different set ups. Some what common complaint of on particular brand is the tendency to pogo a bit, guess the back of the bike is not real settled. Anyhow, if anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate seeing it....

What it is now....

View attachment 1714753076

and the look I am after down the road.....sort of. This particular bike has a 300 rear tire, mine is a 250. Doug's bike is also a RH belt, mine is a left.

View attachment 1714753077

It is a Kraft Tech frame, 40* rake with a 2" up/5" backbone stretch.

A friend of mine in Michigan did his with air ride and had to modify his unit with a dirt bike mono-shock to get rid of the bounce. The last time I talked to him (couple of years ago) "he says it rides just fine but looks ugly as sin with that shock mounted in there"

Come ride Ray's bike, your coming over any way right? It is air ride Soft tail. Not that inpressive. I like my stock soft tail better.
We tried all different air pressures too.

Come ride Ray's bike, your coming over any way right? It is air ride Soft tail. Not that inpressive. I like my stock soft tail better.
We tried all different air pressures too.

You going to be around on the 20th? Will be going to some bike swap meet, and perhaps ordering my frame from Ken, at Charlies Acres in Rathdrum. Been trying to make it over to see you. When we go to town by the time we get done doing what we need to I just want to come home.
Do you know which air ride system Rays bike has? From my understanding most of them are somewhat junky. Looking at either the Legend system, which if it is an older one they left a bit to be desired or the Shotgun Shock system. Aint cheap, but I want to be able to increase the ride height and stiffness easily. Already ripped open the oil sump cover once thanks to our dirt roads. Would hate to spend the $500 or so on a good set of Softail shocks only to have them not do what I need them to.
Let me know about the 20th please.....would like to hang out with you at least once this year prior to you doing the Snow Bird thing......Hope all is well with you & the Mrs.

You going to be around on the 20th? Will be going to some bike swap meet, and perhaps ordering my frame from Ken, at Charlies Acres in Rathdrum. Been trying to make it over to see you. When we go to town by the time we get done doing what we need to I just want to come home.
Do you know which air ride system Rays bike has? From my understanding most of them are somewhat junky. Looking at either the Legend system, which if it is an older one they left a bit to be desired or the Shotgun Shock system. Aint cheap, but I want to be able to increase the ride height and stiffness easily. Already ripped open the oil sump cover once thanks to our dirt roads. Would hate to spend the $500 or so on a good set of Softail shocks only to have them not do what I need them to.
Let me know about the 20th please.....would like to hang out with you at least once this year prior to you doing the Snow Bird thing......Hope all is well with you & the Mrs.

I will be at King Of The Track bud, but just call any other time. I don't know what Ray's is, but everything on his bike is top shelf. You should just come ride it, and check it out.

King of the track going on at SCR? Both days? Never mind, seen the schedule....

-
Back