harmonic balancer Q

-

n00blike

Reaction score
I have what looks like the stoke harmonic balancer on my 360. Should i replace it when i do my engine rebuilt?
What do you guys think about the rattler harmonic balancer?

What are your plans for the 360 ? If its a street rod type build, I would think the stock balancer is fine as long as the rubber ring is still pliable.

I don't have experience with aftermarket balancers so I cant comment about them. If I were going to replace one, I'd use one of those silicone fluid balancers, from what I can tell they are pretty nice pieces, but I also seem to remember there is a problem with pulley alignment when using these. Whatever you do be sure to get the rotating assembly balanced when at the machine shop including the weights for the torque converter.

Good luck with it !

n00blike

My 360 external balanced damper was in bad shape too. I bought the summits SFI damper for $140.00. Its a good looking piece

IMG_0239.jpg

The rubber OEM style of balancers have worked very well for many, many years. I have been using a Pioneeer SFI balancer on my race 360 for a long time with no problems. They are also sold by Jeg's under thier own label. They have the external balanced 360 version - http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/51641/10002/-1 - but I use the neutral balanced version because my 360 is internally balanced.

-
Back