Harmonic Damper Bolt Size?

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
hi there

What is the damper bolt size for my '66 Dart with the 170ci engine? Is it 2-1/4 x 3/4 x 16TPI? And where can I find one?

Thanks

Syed

if you have a local fastenal thats where i found mine. you being from malaysia maybe a hardware store that would have all sizes?

is your's missing? some didnt even come with them..mine didnt but i put one in for piece of mind.

Strange, I found out that I am missing one also!

This is a post i got from another forum on the harmonic damper bolt size:

"The bolt isn't "missing". It was never there in the first place. You can install a bolt if you want one in that location, but it is not required. The vibration damper/crank pulley is an interference fit on the crank snout." - SlantSixDan

:)

Syed
Do you need a bolt to turn the engine over? A V8 small block bolt is the same size. A slant as you have seen didnt come with one and none is required.
Frank

Syed
Do you need a bolt to turn the engine over? A V8 small block bolt is the same size. A slant as you have seen didnt come with one and none is required.
Frank

Yeah mainly for peace of mind knowing that a bolt IS there, but partly is that Im just about to take the crank and pistons out and generally checking that everything is fine (and change what needed be) before putting everything back together, so Im gonna need to be able to turn the engine somehow later :)

-
Back