Harold Johnson, Spitfire headers,Whats his Number?

-

jdhasa65cuda

Reaction score
I need a set of spitfire headers and was wanting to get in touch with Harold to order a set. The number i have for him is not correct. Any help would be appreciated

BE FORE WARNED!!! IF you actually reach him, KNOW that Harold makes MANY promises and fails to deliver on most of them. There are people on this site who have waited for over a year for their headers AFTER they sent him PAYMENT! IF you do get hold of him ORDER you headers and MAKE the transaction C.O.D. I ordered a set in 2007, talked to him personal, he promised they would be shipped out that weekend.....in 2010 I had my headers custom made by MotoFab....I tried calling Harold several times after my order and AFTER the SAT they were promised...NADDA!!! I never received them AND unlike a few others here on FABO,I am not out a single penny...just a few phone calls
Good Luck!!
PS Occasionally there are a few for sale here on Fabo or on eBag, but it will be a waiting game and they will be used, no telling how used. My advice, spend the $$ and get them custom made...you will find that custom headers are far easier to work with and you will not have to dimple anything during installation...most custom builders will create them and get the fitment down...then disassemble and send them out for powder/ceramic coatings....then reassemble them during install and you are ready to get the rest of the exhaust built from the collectors back....good luck

Dont bother, heard he gave up on it and now does a newer hemi header. Better getting them from a member of Ebay or just make your own. Enough pics of them out there and they are not really high tech, or worthwhile. They fit but thats about it.

thanks for the advice. Saw some pics of the tti headers installed and it appears that part of the steering column housing was removed to make them fit. Does any one have suggestions/ recomenndations for a custom builder?

I think theres an article in rod and custom or hotrod magazine showing a kit that consists of a bunch of yellow plastic tubes that you connect like legos and twist around. you basically buy the kit and build your own shape, then either send it to someone or weld it up yourself. The best fitting headers youll ever have. wish i remember what they were called.

I think theres an article in rod and custom or hotrod magazine showing a kit that consists of a bunch of yellow plastic tubes that you connect like legos and twist around. you basically buy the kit and build your own shape, then either send it to someone or weld it up yourself. The best fitting headers youll ever have. wish i remember what they were called.

Here it is , somehow I remembered this site from about a year ago. I dont think their bends are tight enough for the Early A though.

http://www.stainlessheaders.com/headerfabrication?gclid=CLXFu4ekyKkCFecaQgodPQvzMA

thanks for the advice. Saw some pics of the tti headers installed and it appears that part of the steering column housing was removed to make them fit. Does any one have suggestions/ recomenndations for a custom builder?

YES...MOTOFAB in Davisburg Michigan, Ernie Miyamoto is a MASTER FABRICATOR, his exhausts/headers are works of art....he aint cheap but it is A1 quality and they will fit like a glove, look beautiful and function great...dont believe me GOOGLE him

never mind, every body has a 500 hp 400CID small block on the street,
and need custom exhaust that cost $20,000.

Stock 273 manifolds are a lot less hassle.

On a street driven car, with a mild engine, headers are not worth a lot of power.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...pp_0307_mopar_crate_engine_exhaust/index.html

Looks like about 16 hp on a 300 hp engine.

To me $1000. for 16 hp was not worth the hassles, on a mostly street driven
car.

early abody 273 manifolds on something with a 360 head will choke the hell out of the motor. been there done that, i'll bet its more then 16HP. ever see how much smaller the ports are between a 273 and a 360? that test used 318 - 360 manifolds not a tiny little early abody 273 manifold that is not only tiny as hell but also has that stupid bend in it..

agreed!

and I went from 340 manifolds to spitfires, and while I never dyno'd it I went from 13.3 @102 to 12.80 @ 108 swapping to them - thats not 16 hp

online calculators put that at over 30 hp - and they were 340 manifolds.

It weighs 3430 if you want to calc it out yourself.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/hpcalculatorquarter.php

-
Back