HAS ANYONE ELSE READ ABOUT THIS?

-
Wow!!

I feel so bad for these people.

Everything done by the book, properly registered with the Provincial Government and insured using current regulations.

This is a case where the government and insurance company fucked up and no proper procedures followed.

When the vin was researched and the title transferred, that's when this car should have been flagged , unless, of course, there was inside help.

3 years later?? I read most of the article, but didn't see where any #'s were fudged, so how exactly did it get thru?
What a joke "our" system is. Makes u wonder if Grogan is involved...
@ir3333 did you read/hear about this?

Wow!!

I feel so bad for these people.

Everything done by the book, properly registered with the Provincial Government and insured using current regulations.

This is a case where the government and insurance company fucked up and no proper procedures followed.

When the vin was researched and the title transferred, that's when this car should have been flagged , unless, of course, there was inside help.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone on the inside wasn't involved.

yup...i know everybody involved personally, as does everyone in our car community. It would be unfair for me
to comment without knowing 100% of the facts.

I had a customer have his "stolen car" taken and returned to the real owner 20 something years later.
He worked on it for years, spent tons of $$$ , but never put it in his name till finished, - then lost it when he tried to register it.
Sheriff showed up at DMV, and seized it.
Always put vehicle into your name before spending a penny on it.
Heard of other instances thru the years.
Car was a 62ish Fairlane, very nice.

Last edited:
Let's hope they've caught the correct bad guys, throw them in prison and confiscate every nickel they have.

How it did not show up as stolen when they tried to register the car is a mystery.

To help prevent issues like these because the people in many government departments suck a$$ at their job, we should document many of the things we do with our cars. We do repairs and modify things sometimes, keep a record on that, put it on vinwiki or the forums. Create a record that you can give to investigators and make car communities and sites that list used cars aware when the vehicle was stolen.

-
Back