Has anyone gone to Cuba ?

-
take a Bubba keg cup with you for drinks on the beach. leave it for the maid at the end. if you go to Veradero be sure to rent a scooter and you can drive through town, very nice people. check out Calais 52nd street bar. the locals come down at night and dance , great show.Lots of old cars in Havana.

Gotta tell you guys, "I'm just not feelin the love"

Going to a third world country run by a nut case dictator is not my idea of a good time.

Hey Ian you need Yankee bucks$ Canadian $ won't work.

Thanks..I shall suggest this to my wife..wouldn't have thought of that..

We were told to take Canadian....no one will take the us buck...I know in Mexico, can is always better than us..

No need to bring US$. You could exange your Canadian $ at the airports, banks, even at your hotel. The Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC) is the currency of Cuba, the going rate is around 92 CUC for one CDN$.

I've vacationed and worked in Cuba (drilling). Great country, awesome people for the most part. Food sucks at most places. I spent 5 days in Havana once and enjoyed that just about as much as staying in resort. Tons of history there, and at the time I lived in Costa Rica so the beach was a bit boring.
I would definitely recommend going at least once and definitely try to get a day or two in Havana.
Also, yes Americans can visit, it's only Uncle Sam who doesn't want you there. Book a flight from Mexico or similar. They don't stamp your passport so no worries getting caught.

Cheers

-
Back