Has anyone had or sprayed entire bottom of car with Linex or equivalent

-
Every time I see undercoating or stuff like this on a "restored" car, I wonder "what are they trying to hide". Makes me lose interest real fast.
Agree, but in my case, I wanted the underside painted, and this stuff is much more durable than paint, so that was what made me decide to do it

Agree, but in my case, I wanted the underside painted, and this stuff is much more durable than paint, so that was what made me decide to do it
I agree.
If the car is ever offered for sale, it sends up RED flag.
I like Body Schultz, and it has been around at least 25 years I know of. Great stuff. BUT, I sprayed it on bottom side of 62 Lancer and inside of trunk floor, because I wanted it that way ...I f sell it I care less what anyone thinks!!

Plus I have before/after pics of the underside in bare metal, if I ever wanted to sell, but a 70 T/A has been a lifelong dream, so I'll probably never sell it

Thank you! I just learned that spraying a standard bed will add a minimum of 40 lbs, I would estimate the bottom of my car to be approximately equal to two beds thus adding at least 80lbs. Has anyone tried body shutz undercoating. I believe it has a flatter more consistent texture than most other under coatings.

80 lbs sounds like a lot on the internet.... It isn't **** in real life. It's .08 seconds in the quarter mile. It's the difference between me and a 170lb man driving the same car. You don't see any of the fat asses at the races or the car shows going on a diet do you?

You can buy 80lbs of shaved weight off the car if it really bothers you. Which it won't.

Every time I see undercoating or stuff like this on a "restored" car, I wonder "what are they trying to hide". Makes me lose interest real fast.

No need to wonder here.
Bare metal
hXSqrYhua_2xTplIxmVhl7soJQsQj8UfSd56B28g_P2f5S8O8ufCVGXyOsIhnyIbh0Kk6qilrYZO9TgTA=w3260-h1833-no.jpg

Some epoxy primer.
SLIlvTT5G_Unb7YXxRlqPIN3LoIzAJhpUuzpLRmemNkkVA_NfvFxRJNsVMh7j_Cdk3pKhRi-09Pxtrk-c=w3260-h1833-no.jpg

HWPqAZWKWMSBz8Bc_0WBIPzQKhSmjBtwk3iBP9jXzLABF2RDMvZswrOJTtxJCM5NucKXE1wc_aEOAEUKo=w3260-h1833-no.jpg

That's it!
It's durable, cleans easy, won't rust, looks good.
Then again, this is not a "Restored" car. It's a Restomod. :)
HORBa-jjulHzuNGXz8rHK-QZLnZ61UDj3pE7pnWOGRnokliXMUQkLQ_pF_tWqU2x2agv9ThgXFtuIFSsY=w3260-h1833-no.jpg

npNds5PXfAz5WG8jT6s3F4FWn9wyFf-qjimqFdEutZNT1mAtzSVlaEZS1UEoDDHchTpBoukRzlSd4vKI0=w2445-h1833-no.jpg

Waaaaaay better than the factory original undercoating.
hmk4kCQ0FFL5IWf23iRTzVqN2KBxu_zPAkh3ZOiKLTNomDezcTq7xpPHsWG3BkxWsUwmgZVyHA2-Jzp_s=w3260-h1833-no.jpg

Plus I have before/after pics of the underside in bare metal, if I ever wanted to sell, but a 70 T/A has been a lifelong dream, so I'll probably never sell it
Exactly, if You're more worried about profiting from it than protecting it, buy a trailer & drag it everywhere. If You plan on using it, this is a superior
system to protect Your time & hard work, & just document the project well if You feel You may sell it in the future.................

I agree to an extent. I plan on keeping my 69 Barracuda fastback forever (25 years so far), so I undercoated mine for protection; not to hide anything. If someone questions it at a car show, I tell them it isn't a trailer queen, so I want it protected. However, when you look at a car that is for sale, that is when I question the presence of heavy undercoat.

80 lbs sounds like a lot on the internet.... It isn't **** in real life. It's .08 seconds in the quarter mile. It's the difference between me and a 170lb man driving the same car. You don't see any of the fat asses at the races or the car shows going on a diet do you?

You can buy 80lbs of shaved weight off the car if it really bothers you. Which it won't.
You weigh 90 pounds????!!! :eek: :poke:

Screw the weight.....just add more horsepower :thumbsup:
Jeff

If spraying that on added 80 pounds, and AlterKation cuts 100. Now your still down 20.

If you aren't interested in losing weight off your body, running a 1/4 or and 1/8th of a tank of fuel all the time, etc... then you don't really care about the weight of your car.

I raptor lined my car top and bottom. And no matter how much or little you put on, you can't mask/hide any imperfections. It goes on very thin regardless of air pressure. Doesn't hide like you might think. I should have ground a couple of welds a bit nicer.

Back in the early-mid 80's that undercoating was like "instant restoration" in a can, every beater got a spritz!!.......looks no different than what that goofball on tv is hawking, that handy can of flex shot!!

-
Back