has anyone heard of RACINGJUNK.COM??

-

22dog22

Reaction score
i was on line today and a came across this web site,racingjunk.com, found a 68 340 engine for sale that list that all machine work is done with it being bored .060 over with x heads is that ok to be bored out that much?? and has anyone used this web site before? person is asking 800.00 for it looks like from milan new hampshire, the work was done by someone in maine that builds big horse power mopar engines. any thoughts??

Yes it has been around for awhile, I personally have only looked at it once. A friend scored a twin turboed hemi from there fairly cheap.

ya, I'm checking out that site all the time. a 0.60 over 340 is fine, but not much room left for any future boring if needed ( pretty much at it's maximum bore at 0.60) , so keep that in mind.

Not personaly but few of my friends have gotten some decent deals

I go on it just about every other day. Never really bought anything off the site nor sold anything either. But I like it, and been on it for years. They have a "Social area" too kinda like facebook for car guys.

I've been on there buying and selling for almost 10 years under the same username. There's a LOT of people on it who're more inclined for trades than most other sites.

I've bought and sold on RJ for several yrs. As for the engine, the issue with a rebuilt engine that is suspicously cheap (such as any 340 that's supposedly all rebuilt and asking a core price for it) is that most of the time it's junk and needs gone through. Heck I spent $800 on machine work alone on my block. Any complete 340 I buy for $800 I consider a core that needs gone through. Since it's already bored .060 I'd pass on it unless it was in a car that I could hear it run and drive it. .060 works for some engines ok but how do you know the block doesn't have some bad core shift and maybe some cylinder walls are paper thin since it's bored so far? Just my take on it.

I've bought and sold there, it's a good site in my opinion

x2.
I've had much more success selling my racey stuff on it. I think it's because at a lot of hobby sites the owners are not hardcore enough to want it or understand the costs.
I've also found a few deals and as Chick said, there are a lot of bartering types there. Good site overall.

Yep, been on that site for years, both buying and selling. I go on it once a day to look for deals.

Great place to buy and sell.As always-Caveat Emptor!!!!

I've sold a couple things on there. I think it has a pretty large national following. Currently I have my 62' Plymouth listed in RJ for sale. Biggest issue for selling is that unless you are a paid member, the two ads you are allowed are very limited.

I've sold a couple things on there. I think it has a pretty large national following. Currently I have my 62' Plymouth listed in RJ for sale. Biggest issue for selling is that unless you are a paid member, the two ads you are allowed are very limited.

Where is it at on RJ? I looked for it.

Im on there too. Can swoop some good stuff there if you stay on top of it. Not much nickle and dime stuff though, the 2 ads per free member usually weed out the random small buck bolt ons. I had some 383 solid lifter pushrods for sale here for about 2 weeks, not a bite. Sold them in 24 minutes on that site!

Im on there too. Can swoop some good stuff there if you stay on top of it. Not much nickle and dime stuff though, the 2 ads per free member usually weed out the random small buck bolt ons. I had some 383 solid lifter pushrods for sale here for about 2 weeks, not a bite. Sold them in 24 minutes on that site!

After trying for two years here and FBBO to sell a full set of Weld Draglites with tires I finally sold them through RJ last week. now, If I could just find a buyer for the car .... :toothy8:

Yep;same story here! RJ is great for buying and selling

-
Back