Has anyone painted the front grill?

-
I think I just used a scuff pad, some prep sol and I sprayed it with engine paint, I think I used a cheap kind of primer I like called Color Decor. I got it at the True Value Hardware store I used to work at.

I painted mine metalic dark silver, got it at walmart. It was in a small custom paint can,I left about 1/4" of polished aluminum the whole way around to give the appearance of it being 1 piece. (note the black out wiper blades) (5K buys it /6 44kmiles) Walt:salut:

DCP_3913.jpg

Yep. I masked the lower edge of the grille and shot it all with satin black. Masked all but the center and shot with chrome paint. Masked all but the center line and shot it in body color. Part of the trim is on the headlight surround which is done pretty much the same way.:snakeman:

IMG_5607s.JPG

Thank you for this thread as I was wanting to the same to my grille. I'm like some of you, I don't like the 73, 74 grille that much either. I wish it was possible to swap it for a shark tooth grill or a Demon grille.

Thorough scrub with dish soap and water, using a scotch brite pad.
Paint was WalMart flat black .97 per can. Biggest investment was the silver paint pens from the hobby store, they were 3-5 bucks each. I bought 2, one with flat broad tip for the raised fins, and one wiht pointed pencil tip for the headlight surrounds that have the ridges, but are not open fins like the main grille. Next up is detail of the DODGE logo in the middle, in red, for fun.

I painted mine with Dupli-color black bumper paint. I used 400 grit to sand with. I didn't think that would ever end. Sprayed 2 coats and had it installed 2 hours later.

Jack

front of demon800.jpg

-
Back