Has anyone seen a 74 duster with P as 5th digit in vin=400ci

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I am lookin at a 74 duster with a 400 ci engine in it the 5th digit in the vin is P I thought the biggest engine was a 360 ? has anybody seen this before

If it is legit it would be a rare one. Never heard of that combo.

It's a clerical error. There were no big block dusters ever built. There used to be a matching fender tag that had a G in place of the P , but it mysteriously disappeared

me thinks you best do some heavy home work before tossing coin at it.. rare is an understatement here.. more like unheard of.. though many will tell you, nothing is beyond possible..

You better take a picture of the VIN number on the dash, and door jamb to prove your statement.
Let me add the fender tag, also.

Attachments

• worthless thread.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 130
when in doubt get out -I`ve heard enough i dont want to even look at it now, Im glad there is so much knowledge here.

First off the serial number that is posted in the add is a VH23P-BXXXXXX,is a 1974 scamp with either a /6 or a 318.Now some one might have taken out the dash and since the 5th digit was a B for a /6 started tapping on the bottom of the (B) to turn it into a P for a Big block 400,which is a correct code for a 400.So it,s not a duster,it,s a scamp,with a slant 6.Since I have all of Galen Goviers decoding books,this is a easy one,and the owner or the owner before this guy,have played big time with this cars vin number and if a fender tag is still with the car,it would prove this even more.Also a note that the power steering pump on the car is from a mid to later 60,s engine and would love to see the block stamping on the passenger side of the deck to confirm the block and year,mrmopartech

-
Back