Has Anyone Swapped the NAG-1 Transmission with the New Hemi

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
That would be a killer combo.

4.55 FDR in 3rd W/a 3.23 axle ratio. (3,58:1 1st, 2.19:1 2nd, 1.41:1 3rd)

Here's what that combo can do W/a 4300# pig in a moderate N/A combo. (26 MPG hi-way)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Sbz2Etl_A&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

You could easily run low 10s in an "A" body & still get 25 MPG.

I agree!

My 4650# brick ran a PB 12.88 with the Nag1 and 3.06 spinning the 315/35-20 tires through 1st and 2nd. Dynatech LT's and HF cats, 3" out the back, CAI and a wicked HHP dyno tune!

She gets 23.3 mpg at 75mph with the cruise on.

I bet the 3000# A-body would get 28 mpg easy and see loooow 10's.

You can see in my sig that I smoked a Trinity 93 cai tuned 6.4. That pic was near the 330ft! Had him by 4 links at the 1320 :) .

I love my SRT! Can't wait to get the twin 67's on it!

It can be done, but it's too much of a pain in the *** to swap one into an old car. My Hemi had 6K miles on it when its original car was totaled, and I got the NAG1 with it when I bought it. After doing some research, I sold the NAG1 to a dude in Canada and bought a low mile 545RFE to use in my Duster. It's as strong or stronger transmission, and there are no issues other than hacking the floor pan to put it in. Hotwire Auto can supply a plug and play harness for the Hemi AND the 545RFE to run off the same factory ECM. To use a NAG1 in an old car, you have to rig up speed sensors in all for wheels like the factory Chargers/Challengers/300's have, because there is no output sensor on the transmission. There is no slip yoke version of a NAG1, so you have to rig up a driveshaft, and unless one has been brought to market fairly recently, there is no stand alone controller for a NAG1. With a 545RFE, you make the floor pan fit, make a transmission mount, hook up cooling lines and plug in a few wires and go. Even the shift linkage from old cars can be made to work with the 545. I guess if you really want a NAG1 in an old car, go for it.....but just speaking for myself, I ain't into that much pain!

-
Back