Has the "patina" trend caught on here yet?

-
I'm in, what the hell... Why not? Before and After...

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Dartpaint.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 281
Mine has all kinds of dings, chips, cracks, spider cracking, thin spots, etc... It was an amateur paint job from about 1979. I painted over a lot of the chips and flaked areas but I'm actually thinking of removing that and going all natural. Really love driving this car because I don't worry at all at cruse or shows!! And it seems to get just as much if not more attention than the fancy paint job cars!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 249
My son has has a '27 T "Rat", and my buddy has a '56 Olds "Rat". Both
actually cool cars, but the rust rod thing just ain't my bag.
To each his own, I guess. My buddy Bob is running his Olds down the track
at Rt. 66 Raceway south of Chicago right now as I type this. Last test & tune
night of the year.

step back in time.. 1962. dad gives me this 49 chevy to drive to school, and job after school baggin groceries.just turned 16... this thing had sat under pecans trees last 15 years. turns paint blackish, what paint was left. that's patina! I take a can of comet and a can of ajax to it, scrub. I can't describe how bad !!! but clean it looked. added red racing strip right down the middle ( yea wore out strait 6),
now the "smart" ( head of student council, Yea you EARLE) kid in class, asks " ya must think it FASTTTTT!????)
he can't figure out the stripe was a JOKE!?????????????????
not that was 1962 patina?????

did the 99.00 hot rod rustoleum paint job on a 68 coronet this turned out to have the appearance of a well maintained car that had held up to the test of time

Patina?
vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

ive always liked the rusty original paint cars and trucks long b4 it was cool....I just picked this up and it'll bee my shop truck for a while.

parked in 1988 and the 318 runs great three speed with a Mario Andretti floor shifter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150
Yes!
My car and both my trucks have it!

P ayments
A nd
T ime
I nvolved
N ot
A vailable

I,myself do not care for "patina" BUT then what does that matter. For one thing, it's not my car and isn't that the purpose of what WE do? We build our cars to suit ourselves,and not others. I ran into a fella at a Good Guys show a couple years back with a "Rat Rod" who also had, had a nice show car prior to this one. He told me that what was nice about a "Rat Rod" was that he could pull into a show park it,pull out the cooler,grab a beer, pull up a chair and sit and watch his friends clean spit shine their cars for an hour or two. Now I ask you, HOW can anyone question that?:blob::blob:

-
Back