Has This Ever Happened To You?

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying some Center Line wheels for my car. I've been using a website that allows me to compare how different offsets & diameters would affect wheel & tire placement in the wheelwell as compared to what I have now. To make things easy, I have put all of the wheels I'm considering in my shopping cart on the Summit Racing site. This way, I can easily call up the specific info like backspacing & offset & plug it into the wheel/tire site for comparison.

Today I logged onto the Summit site & went to my shopping cart page. The prices on all of the wheels I have in my shopping cart have dropped by about 23%. Has this ever happened to anybody else here? I checked other Center Line wheels on the Summit site & the price drops seem to only have appeared on the specific wheels in my shopping cart. I've probably had these wheels in the cart for at least a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if Summit is keeping an eye on what is in people's shopping carts & dropping prices as an inducement to get them to buy the items. If so, it might be worthwhile to load items you're thinking of buying into a cart & letting them sit for a while, just to see what happens, but the prices haven't dropped on the other items in my cart, & they've all been there longer than the wheels. The price drop of 23% would amount to over $200 on a set of 4 wheels for my car. Food for thought. I'm seriously considering ordering the wheels to get the low price.

OK, I've gone back to the Summit site, played around on it a bit, & found that every Center Line wheel I look up comes up at the regular price, but if I add it to my shopping cart the price is discounted. I checked & could find no indication of a sale on the wheels, but I'm up for a discount any old day!

Good idea.

So what is the website you are referring to about putting different wheels on your car to what they look like.
That's cool, I gotta try that.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

I don't want to take credit for this. Somebody else posted it here a while back. I think it's great. Just be sure to double check the tire dimensions from the site with those of the tire manufacturer. There's usually a bit of a difference. Also, the site doesn't really let you try the wheels on your car. It just tells you how much closer you'll be to the inside of the fender, to the suspension parts of the car, & how much larger in diameter the package will be. You still have to do your homework.

How many wheels are in your shopping cart? Maybe they are pricing them as if you are buying them all and giving you a volume discount.

I don't think so. I had about a dozen or so in there, but I moved all but 4 to my Wish List & they're all still in there at the discounted prices. I also ordered 4 wheels last week & they rang up at the discounted price. Maybe it's a sale or maybe they're lowering the prices on that brand of wheel.

'64 Cuda:

I have some American Racing rims in "My Garage" and the price has dropped by over $70 a wheel. I just checked it out after seeing your post. Thanks man, I never would have known.

-
Back