Have I De-masc-u-lated Myself?

-

mrichard

Reaction score
Ok. I'm throwing this out there for a little humor. I purchased the attached green Dart 72 two days ago. It's still being shipped. This is a FOUR DOOR. It's very BASIC. And... it's a Dodge Dart. The first response of my wife was asking me whether I had lost my (wal)nuts.

Now, I'm asking you to vote here. Is a four door, stripped, green 72 Dodge Dart not cool? I just turned 40 so I guess I have some sensitivities here. But I must confess that I have always gravitated to the following types of cars: Stock, 4 Door, Not hot rodded, No major mods other than driveability. Hell, I even love wagons! As in STATION WAGONS. You know, like a nice 65 Ford Country Squire.

But somehow, maybe, in buying this green dart I have crossed some line. Some crazy line in the sand where I am just no longer an upstanding MALE in the community. Am I now a grammie? Your thoughts appreciated. Frankly, I just think the thing is damn cool, a real find, and I don't care what the neighbors say when I pull it out and wash it. But, well, maybe I'm wrong...

dart8.jpg

Dart3.jpg

There's nothing wrong with a "all door". Easier to transport a party when you cruise.

All I can say is , if you ever want to sell it,let me know.
Im serious.

Now if you make that puppy run 10's without changing it's look than you will have remasculated yourself. :)

It's a cool car, I like it but I'd have to build a sleeper out of it.

Ahh, ok, as suspected. The Big Block wins the day. Is that a really hard transition to make? I dunno. I still kinda like that damn straight slant six.

Ahh, ok, as suspected. The Big Block wins the day. Is that a really hard transition to make? I dunno. I still kinda like that damn straight slant six.

If you have to ask,dont do it. Sell it to me. 8)

HA. I think you answered my question. Sell? NEVER. Well, atleast not until I get it here and drive her. And prove the basic premise: American Iron Never Dies - It Proves Itself Over and Over Again Over Time. The standard of the world. Of Course, should I ever decide to sell you are top of the list. :)

Use a 440 w/ stock exhaust manifolds (Headers aren't "sleeper"), and tuck one side of the exhaust up higher and only show one tailpipe out the back. No hood scoop. Column shifter, no gauges, etc. Maybe even turbo it.

HA. I think you answered my question. Sell? NEVER. Well, atleast not until I get it here and drive her. And prove the basic premise: American Iron Never Dies - It Proves Itself Over and Over Again Over Time. The standard of the world. Of Course, should I ever decide to sell you are top of the list. :)

Fair enough. :-D

Other than your wife not liking it, who cares what anybody thinks as long as your happy with it. You know your Mopar family here will like it . We love all Mopars, we are just that way

Bob

I'd paint a big white star on each front door & stencil "Official use only" underneath !

Great idea...now I want to do that to a green 4 door dart. :thumbrig:

I think its great for a d/d..I want to buy the same thing after I get done getting my Swinger ready for the street.

Ok. I'm throwing this out there for a little humor. I purchased the attached green Dart 72 two days ago. It's still being shipped. This is a FOUR DOOR. It's very BASIC. And... it's a Dodge Dart. The first response of my wife was asking me whether I had lost my (wal)nuts.

Now, I'm asking you to vote here. Is a four door, stripped, green 72 Dodge Dart not cool? I just turned 40 so I guess I have some sensitivities here. But I must confess that I have always gravitated to the following types of cars: Stock, 4 Door, Not hot rodded, No major mods other than driveability. Hell, I even love wagons! As in STATION WAGONS. You know, like a nice 65 Ford Country Squire.

But somehow, maybe, in buying this green dart I have crossed some line. Some crazy line in the sand where I am just no longer an upstanding MALE in the community. Am I now a grammie? Your thoughts appreciated. Frankly, I just think the thing is damn cool, a real find, and I don't care what the neighbors say when I pull it out and wash it. But, well, maybe I'm wrong...

Yea buddy, my Mom had a 1966 Country Squire wagon, big 390 CID, gas hawg but a very nice car!

Excellent find but sorry to say Mrichard you are absolutely right. You've crossed the line that seperates us from our tree swingering/crap slinging furry little ancestors and there is only one way to gain acceptance back into the society of man and your wifes good graces. You must plant a 451 stroker under the hood of that bad boy with of course the corresponding tranny and rear to handle said hp/torque and a full "quiet" dual exhaust but don't forget the electrically operated side dumps. Then take the misses for a spin and I can quarantee she'll take back the nuts statement. If she still can't see the light then sell the car to me I'll give her a good home.:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

CAN YOU SAY SLEEPER

I think it falls into the "so uncool it's twice as cool" category- and, incidentally, is damn close to my dream Mopar.

Definitely keep it stock- we're talking about the SLANT SIX here, man! They may not be much for tirefrying, but will acheive interstellar level mileage figures as long as their caretakers keep the crankcases 3 or 4 quarts full of some kind of petroleum lubricant. Hell, a millenium after the Apocalypse, roving bands of mutant cockroachoids will battle each other under nuclear winter skies for territory, driving slant-powered Darts and Volvo 240s- that's not badass cool? Of course it is!

I like the Army Staff Car idea, but I think you should hold out for a WWII-era car to give that treatment to..
41mercuryarmy.jpg

-
Back