Have most of you cleaned up your firewalls?

-

1972Dart

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what most of you have done if anything to clean up the firewall. I'm thinking about pulling the heater, windshield wiper motor, plugging holes and running wiring inside the car to passengers side. Just wondering if most of you retain your heater and wipers.

You must be talking to drag racers, because I most definitely have kept my wipers, and heater (sometimes it rains and sometimes it's cold!) and my firewall looks pretty much like it did 40 years ago! :salut:

72 Dart
You must live where it's warm, (lol) I am keeping my heater and wipers,They come in handy. When my wife says she wants heat (even in summer when it's 90*f ) I don't have much of a choice.

I just put a new heater core in both my cars, no more leaks or cold air. It was a repair well worth it.

My firewalls are ok, one is nice, and kleen and all orig paint, (the 69), the 67 Is kind of a rats nest. It's do to get kleened up, and repainted, when I pull the 273 out to up grade to 340.

I say keep um.

Dave C.

Mine has all the original holes, and a few extra. Original paint and some extra. It started to collect dirt the day it was made and I have nothing against that, so on with the collecting. That's where I have my firing order written with a sharpie. Also where I keep my fingerprint's perfectly preserved just in case I become a missing person. It will get the extra holes filled and cleaned/painted when my mockup is all done. Till then it's protecting the metal under it all. O and I almost forgot. The wipers are under the dash, and the blower motor only stick out a little, along with heater hoses.

Well my sons 72 Dart is a street car and it still has everything working. Ron

88836750.jpg

-
Back