have to do it!

-

GO DART

Reaction score
tomorrow is grudge nite at a local strip. temps have cooled to 80s, tranny is fixed so what better time to take a few passes with the dart. still haven't got a tach, but a 6000rpm chip and a good ear should keep me out of trouble. i didn't buy this car for drag racing but i gotta know what kind of ets she'll run. someboby tell me i won't be hurting the dart. i could use a little bit more motivation. if i go i'll post my times (i think)

hell I've got a high dollar tach and I never look at it ...LOL I shift by the feel of the car and the sound of the motor.....its worked for me for 40 years ...LOL

It really doesn't matter what your car runs, just go and have fun!! I took my old beat up Chevy truck out one time just to see what it would do. I ran a best of 15.6, but it sure was a hoot. I wish I lived closer to the track so I could go more often.

Yep, it's all about having fun. My brother and law and I went to an 1/8 track down in Floriday with his Ram once, we ran 13s or 14s with it, but had a great time.

BTW, I predict you won't break anything. Don't worry about it, go out and have a blast. Just remember - buckle your belt, tighten your helment and keep the shiny side up.

We have raced my sons Dart off and on since 2000 and we just put a tach in it 3 weeks ago. And its not any faster with the tach. Have fun and good luck ! Ron

I ran my wife's VW one day! GO 4 IT!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back