Have you had your gall bladder removed?

-
Ok here you go forgot this little detail in my last post.
A year ago my wife had a co-worker who had a bad gall bladder for a couple years.
It didn't bother him either until one day. He went to the ER and they admitted him.
His bad gall bladder had ruptured and he was dead within 24 hours.
Find a good surgeon and go talk to them. Its a body part you can live without.
That's how my grandfather went. Mine was full of gravel and the pain you feel is when it tries to put bile into the duct to help with fats but it is blocked by stones and starts to spasm, it would double me over every few minutes.

Well guys, you're all standing in a group on this, and all are pointing in the same direction. If the blood work that I had done in the last few days doesn't point drastically in another direction, I am now convinced that it needs to come out, even though I have had no pain during this entire episode. I'm not normally one to seek advice about issues like this on an internet forum, but this has thrown me for a loop. I'm 61 years old, and since about the 2nd or 3rd step I took as a toddler sometime in 1958 .....I've been running wide open and never been seriously sick a day in my life. To have such a fortunate life medical wise, then BAM....hit a brick wall is quite a shock. Thank you all for your open and honest experiences, opinions, and advice.

Damn, I am amazed I still have mine after reading this. Been battling an issue with my body not digesting fats. I'm going to see the gut doc Friday and will ask about gall bladder symptoms

I had bad abdominal pains on and off for years. My Dr kept putting me on antacids. Well, one day it got real, real bad... and a co-worker told me I was turning green (jaundiced). That was it! I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound of my abdomen and told me I had dozens of gall stones which were blocking the bile duct. When that happens, the bile goes into your bloodstream and your body is basically poisoning itself. You can die from this within days, or hours. You just do not know. So they did laparoscopic surgery immediately to remove the stones. I never knew they did anything... no incisions or any pain. Then I had to sit in the hospital for about 5 days with no food at all... just an IV to keep me alive. What fun. Then they finally decided to take the gallbladder out, and once again the laparoscopic surgery was no big deal, but I had a drainage tube/bag for a couple weeks, and that was the worst part of the whole thing. If the 1st doctor had diagnosed me properly, none of this would have happened! I can eat everything, but I do usually regret eating anything too spicy... need lots of antacids. But overall I feel a lot better and no more pain!

Last edited:
Do a search on Hulda Clarke's Liver & Gall Bladder Cleanse. People have been doing similar cleanses for centuries. It's a natural remedy to flush the stones out of the ducts without surgery. It is said to be the single most healthy natural remedy a person can do to improve their health.

Of course, if you let it go until your system is backed up, plugged and infected; surgery may be your only option. These days I hear about more and more people are having their gall bladders removed, and it makes me wonder how many of these could have been avoided with this simple age old remedy.

A guy a work had his out about 15 years ago, and hasn't been the same since. He has adapted, but says it's not good.

Last edited:
Well guys, you're all standing in a group on this, and all are pointing in the same direction. If the blood work that I had done in the last few days doesn't point drastically in another direction, I am now convinced that it needs to come out, even though I have had no pain during this entire episode. I'm not normally one to seek advice about issues like this on an internet forum, but this has thrown me for a loop. I'm 61 years old, and since about the 2nd or 3rd step I took as a toddler sometime in 1958 .....I've been running wide open and never been seriously sick a day in my life. To have such a fortunate life medical wise, then BAM....hit a brick wall is quite a shock. Thank you all for your open and honest experiences, opinions, and advice.
The did an ultra sound on me in the ER and you could see the rocks.

I had mine removed back in 1989. I kept putting it off and ended up getting pancreatitis. I had to stay in the hospital for a week to get well enough for surgery. My stones were like gravel and my bile duct was blocked, I had to have conventional surgery and came home with a T-tube in case any more Stone's were left behind. The doctor gave me my stones in a bottle, I counted them and there was 72, not counting some that were in my bile duct. I almost died from it, I think the body can only hurt so bad. I hurt so bad at times you could have cut my leg off and I wouldn't have noticed. I felt so good after the surgery I put a 727 in a couple weeks later with a T-tube in my abdomen and 27 staples!

My wife had hers removed when she was 20 weeks pregnant with our son. She still eats the same, although she had to take it easy on the jalapeños for a while. I feel sorry for the guy that was prepped for his colonoscopy and got it cancelled so the could make time for her emergency surgery!!!

I had mine removed last year. Real bad infection so I ended up in the hospital for 4 days. On a side note, there is, apparently, a nerve that runs near there and, if you're having gall bladder problems, it can affect this nerve. My back problems got much better once the gall bladder, and the pressure on this nerve, were removed.

Had mine removed about 5 years ago. Had pain working in Nigeria, waited till I got home to have it removed. Only thing different for me is not the diet, but can not ride roller coasters anymore. More prone to motion sickness.
I had mine removed over 8 years ago. I felt fine during the day. But would wake up in the middle of the night puking my guts up, and it was allways just liquid stuff. Well after doing that for a week, I decide to go see my Doctor. He sent me to have a ultrasound done. That’s when they found my gallbladder was sludgy, what ever that meant. Well after the surgery no more throwing up every night. They didn’t change what I could eat, but I learned I couldn’t eat greasy food for a long time. Lol but woukd like to add like spl440, before I had mine removed I could play video games for hours and not bother me one bit. But after I had mine removed, playing for more than 5 minutes and I would get dizzy and get motion sickness bad. To this day I still can’t play video games etc with out having problems. But other than that I never had any more problems.

I had mine removed over 8 years ago. I felt fine during the day. But would wake up in the middle of the night puking my guts up, and it was allways just liquid stuff. Well after doing that for a week, I decide to go see my Doctor. He sent me to have a ultrasound done. That’s when they found my gallbladder was sludgy, what ever that meant. Well after the surgery no more throwing up every night. They didn’t change what I could eat, but I learned I couldn’t eat greasy food for a long time. Lol but woukd like to add like spl440, before I had mine removed I could play video games for hours and not bother me one bit. But after I had mine removed, playing for more than 5 minutes and I would get dizzy and get motion sickness bad. To this day I still can’t play video games etc with out having problems. But other than that I never had any more problems.
Who would have never thought that your equilibrium was controlled by your gall bladder?????

Last edited:
I had mine removed at least 12 years ago, and never experienced anything like that. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Who would have never thought that your equilibrium was controlled by your gall bladder?????
Do not think it is equilibrium, I thinks just the bile is not being controlled anymore, hence getting sick, just being exaggerated by the motion.

It isn’t related to the gall bladder directly, but rather to the Vegus nerve connected to it. The Vegus nerve is one of the largest in the body and pressure on it, or removal of one of the organs connected to it often results in complications of the parasympathetic nervous system that also can cause motion dizziness as a result.

The body is a complex mechanism and all the parts are integrated. Something affecting one, can affect them all in varying degrees.

No, I've not had mine removed, but a guy that used to work with us did. He made the doctor bring it to him and he took several pictured of that rotten thing. He used to stick his phone in our faces trying to show us that gross ****. Glad he's gone.

No, I've not had mine removed, but a guy that used to work with us did. He made the doctor bring it to him and he took several pictured of that rotten thing. He used to stick his phone in our faces trying to show us that gross ****. Glad he's gone.
If he kept showing you pics of his organ he must have had a lot of "Gall"!!:rofl:

My wife has gall stones. She will have attack at night, pain can be so bad she has to take an opioid pill. Lettuce, or fatty or too spicy food might bring it on. Stress will do it too.
She has fond drinking a glass of water with 2 tablespoons organic vinegar helps ward it off. I also feel eating too large a supper does not help. Her "large" supper is not really that big, but it is her main meal of the day.
I will make her read all these remarks here.

-
Back