Having a hard time with finding Master Cylinder

-

Mako21

Reaction score
I’m trying to find a brake master cylinder for my 1976 Dart 4 door. It’s factory power front disc brakes and rear drum.

Everything I’m finding online list master cylinders for a 1976 MANUAL front disc.

Would anyone have a part # for a good replacement power front disc master cylinder?

Not really sure to be honest. Not sure why some are listed for disc brake power boosted years 72-75. Maybe the bore size is different? I'll wait for others to chime in.

Check out right stuff detailing... that's where I get mine from. Both my A body and B body have one of theirs on and zero issues for several years. Think the listing shows for E bodies but they fit and work

Some of the brake parts on the 1976 Dart and Valiant cars were used only in that year. Chrysler increased the size of the caliper pistons and used a new proportioning valve in 1976. Different master cylinder part number in 1976 compared to earlier years. An old Bendix brake catalog shows part number 11707 for new master cylinder and R11707 for reman master cylinder. These numbers are listed for power brakes with front disc. Might find one of these on eBay.

1980 Raybestos catalog shows for 1976 MC36412 for manual front disc cars and MC36496 for power brake front disc cars. Also when you enter mc36412 in parts geek online catalog, it shows manual front disc. Can't explain Rockauto listing.

Well, I finally got around to figuring out it’s a 15/16 MC bore size. I took it off to replace and discovered the power booster itself had a puddle of brake fluid inside. I wonder how much got sucked into the engine…lol. I’m going to go ahead and order from Right Stuff their combination Power booster + Master cylinder. Thanks all.

-
Back