Having problems with 360 engine

-

Lizzie

Reaction score
Have just got our 74 dart on the road this summer, maybe 60-75 miles on mostly a complete 360 rebuilt engine.

Went to a cruise night and found the engine was smoking and was losing oil pressure. A trip to the mechanic found the crane roller rockers bolts had broken off. Not all of them but several. No damage to the motor. Crane is good enough to replace the bolts, but are we going to have trouble with this every few 100 miles.

Anyone else experience problems like this, how to solve?

Have just got our 74 dart on the road this summer, maybe 60-75 miles on mostly a complete 360 rebuilt engine.

Went to a cruise night and found the engine was smoking and was losing oil pressure. A trip to the mechanic found the crane roller rockers bolts had broken off. Not all of them but several. No damage to the motor. Crane is good enough to replace the bolts, but are we going to have trouble with this every few 100 miles.

Anyone else experience problems like this, how to solve?

I'm not sure if it's the same problem but a buddy ahd the same problem with crane rocker bolts on a 440 and crane said they had a bad shipment come in.
They replaced all the bolts, free.

Terry

I'm not sure if it's the same problem but a buddy ahd the same problem with crane rocker bolts on a 440 and crane said they had a bad shipment come in.
They replaced all the bolts, free.

Terry
When we called Crane they were very agreeable and sent new bolts without an argument, maybe that's all it is. Would make me feel better on the reliability of the car.
thanks

I've noticed Crane has a very good rep. and customer service. I would not worry.

Hughes engines has a stud kit which I used on my Harland Sharps and they worked really well. The 5/16 shaft hold downs are a little small from the get go, so if you have serious springs you need the best 5/16 bolts or studs you can get. JMO

-
Back