Hayden 2947 buggar bear

-

jawbone

Cuda_queer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
You would think this would be a simple bolt together application. I am attempting to bolt Mopar 2863215 fan to Hayden 2947 fan clutch. ID of fan is too small or OD of clutch is too big. Anyway, does not fit. It's not by much but paid big bucks for fan and don't expect this kind of issue. Anyone else experience this issue with Hayden?

Problem #2 with Hayden fan clutch. Comes with split bushing to go over 5/8 water pump pilot shaft but bushing does not fit flush with flange of fan clutch. This makes fan clutch ride high and thus fan clutch flange and water pump flange not flush. Easy fix to file it off but not expected. Anyone else experience this issue either.

Just looking for comments regarding this application and especially Hayden.

20230526_123527[1].jpg

Last edited:
Yup. The one with that clutch I got was the same. No big deal. File the bushing down. On the fan is it simply excess paint or powder coating on the edges? File that down as well. Any replacements would likely be no different i bet. And put a section of cardboard (like from a 12-pack or 24-pack) against your radiator, and bolt it up.

Last edited:
Yup. The one with that clutch I got was the same. No big deal. File the bushing down. On the fan is it simply excess paint or powder coating on the edges? File that down as well. Any replacements would likely be no different i bet. And put a section of cardboard (like from a 12-pack or 24-pack) against your radiator, and bolt it up.
It's just another piece of aftermarket BS that doesn't work. In particular, the fan that doesn't fit the clutch. Can someone tell me what OEM clutch fits a 70 340 with 18 in. 7 blade fan in a 70 Barracuda.

Last edited:
-
Back