Hays B&B piece of s---

-
No groan, squeak, whisper or rattle out of the centerforce... I love this clutch compared to the hays... Should have went this way in the first place.
Great pedal feel and easy to drive...
Gave it the first real test yesterday.. Back country road and a beautiful smoky burnout all the way through first, and well into second gear..
Terrific power shift without any hesitation going between gears....
Centerforce has a advocate for their product....

I bought a Center Force Dual Friction.I just have not had time to put it in yet.
Jim

I bought a Center Force Dual Friction.I just have not had time to put it in yet.
Jim

I finally got my Centerforce Dual friction in (over-center spring removed), a couple weeks ago.

I haven't driven it much so far, but what a difference compared to the Hays POS.

It feels great, I'm breaking it in slowly.

have a center force in the car now for the past 12 years,,when i did a tranny rebuild i sent the pplate to center force just for inspection,,,they called and said the clamping force is a little week,,the exchanged me a pplate for 60 bucks,,,,cant beat that deal,

prior to the center force i had a hays gold cover,,and i stil have it packed away,worked great,,but was HARD on the leg,,,flexed the fire wall, had to have a rod going from the master cylinder mount to the top of the steering box to keep the fire wall from flexing,,,that was before the days of assist,,,it was caled the gold cover 2600 lb clutch,,,

have a center force in the car now for the past 12 years,,when i did a tranny rebuild i sent the pplate to center force just for inspection,,,they called and said the clamping force is a little week,,the exchanged me a pplate for 60 bucks,,,,cant beat that deal,

prior to the center force i had a hays gold cover,,and i stil have it packed away,worked great,,but was HARD on the leg,,,flexed the fire wall, had to have a rod going from the master cylinder mount to the top of the steering box to keep the fire wall from flexing,,,that was before the days of assist,,,it was caled the gold cover 2600 lb clutch,,,

I had the same clutch, worked great besides the extreme pedal pressure.

It folded my pivot bracket over so I had to fab one out of 1/4 steel plate.

I thought that I'd bump this thread and perhaps save soemone else from a bunch of grief... It's winter and I'm sure there are some guy's out there working on their cars.. I just want to warn some poor unsupecting sole from making a mistake and trying to save $80 buying a piece of junk hays clutch.. Tearing the car back apart after 300 miles on the hays just wasn't a pleasant experience....

-
Back