Hays torque converters?

-
Finding a converter for the older 904’s proved fruitless.
I know this is older.
But I have had Edge Racing Converters build several 904 converters for me. One is a small spline, small crank pilot. One is a large spline, large pilot. And two are large spline, small pilot. The one in my car now, is 9 inch small pilot big spline, and stalls about 4,000 behind a 225 slant six.
Edge Racing Converters, More Horsepower with More Torque Guaranteed!
Their customer service is second to none.
1st converter I got from them (more then 10 years ago) was for a small pilot large spline 904. I had broken my 8 inch converter, and had a race coming up. no one could repair my old converter, or build me a new one in time. I had never heard of Edge (someone referred them). I called them on a Friday, spoke to Andre. He wanted to do a 9 inch for X dollars, and I didn't think it would work behind a 170 slant six. I called him back on Monday, and ordered it. Had it sent overnight air, and had it on Wed. When I first tested on the street, it felt totally different (tighter), then my old converter, and thought it wouldn't be as good. At the track It was exactly as I needed.

Last edited:
Thanks. Perfect for the more Southern crowd.
Pro Torque did my wife’s ‘67 converter. It was still the earlier converter, not the later one most everyone else has.

I have a coan 8 inch 5600 stall converter i am useing with my 904 transmission

-
Back