Hazard Lights

-

no1newb

Reaction score
Has any one installed/converted any turn signals to work as hazard lights as well? my car has stopped running on me twice. first because the fuel filter needed replacing(and guy before me had it on backwards :/) and a second because i had the choke set up wrong. i know the second was a stupid mistake, but still it would have been nice to have hazards so i wouldnt have to wave everyone by me.

as if the hood being up isnt a clue enough.

i believe it was an option for early A's. I'd like to know as well, I hate not having a hazard flasher on my Dart. It couldn't be too hard to wire something in if there was a schematic available.
Come on guys, someone out there has done this before????
-Tim

I've the factory setup for a '66 model that I can take a photo of that helps any. Might take a day or so to find it as it's in storage in a box in the garage somewhere. It plugs inline with the turn signal harness under the dash. It has it's own flasher, switch, and warning light.
Thanks, Mark

Has any one installed/converted any turn signals to work as hazard lights as well? my car has stopped running on me twice. first because the fuel filter needed replacing(and guy before me had it on backwards :/) and a second because i had the choke set up wrong. i know the second was a stupid mistake, but still it would have been nice to have hazards so i wouldnt have to wave everyone by me.

as if the hood being up isnt a clue enough.
..........................................................................................
Here's what the setup looks like.....
Thanks, Mark

100_0468.jpg

The setup above doesnt look anything like the Hazard's in my 65 Dart.

Forced After-market install because of Utah safety Inspections Back in the day. No Hazards, No tag.

A wire comes from the right turn-signal wire into the pull switch and then into the left turn signal wire. Right turn signal on, pull the switch, then hazards are on.

That set up installs real easy. It plugs in to the turn signal switch harness at the bottom of the steering column. the switch and light mount on the bottom of the dash on the left side. If you have the shop manual it will have the wiring for it.
Lynn

I've heard stories about some of the early hazard flasher wiring. Something like " with the flashers on , step on the brake pedal and the radio would play" ? Or maybe it was flashers and turn signals combined. I forget

...as a parallel to this thread..I am installing a gizmo that turns the lights on when you start the car..I find more cars cut me off in my wife's car than the RAM..I am not sure what it would be w/o the lights !

-
Back