HD Pedals overcenter spring - need help

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
I have a set HD pedals with no overcenter spring. I have looked many places (Brewers, Google, here) and can not find any information on this. What I am looking for is how the spring is assembled, what the spring looks like and where to buy one.

Photos, where to purchase - anything would be a help.

V/r

Gerald - Thanks, that's a start, now where do I find the spring?

I believe I have everything needed. I had a set of pedals from a 340 car and I'm putting them into my Duster with hydralic tob.

I'll see if I can find a picture.

Riddler

Thanks Riddler! by any chance you want to part with them?

Can also call Brewer's Transmission. He also has a nice online catalog. Wayne is very knowledgeable, has helped several members here. He even goes so far as to overhaul the pedal assemblies.

Cliff - actually did call, long wait to talk with them. I have an email into too, but being the weekend, not sure I am going to get my answer till Monday. As for the pedal rebuild, that's really not necessary, would like to get the pin and the spring (or a variation of the spring).

What type clutch are you going to use, borg&beck style ( 3 finger ) or diaphragm? If diaphragm style you don't need the spring.

What type clutch are you going to use, borg&beck style ( 3 finger ) or diaphragm? If diaphragm style you don't need the spring.

Good question. The Borg/Beck needs the spring. The diaphragm type does not. tmm

If youre going diaphragm, (highly recommended)not only is the spring not needed,it shouldnt be in there,period. If the pedal travel is not restricted and the spring is in there,and youre pulling a shift at redline,you run the risk of the pedal staying on the floor. Instant over-rev would be the result. Without a rev-limiter, it could be expensive.

Thanks everyone, seems I will press on and continue with the install.

#9 - Yea, I too agree - the $70 was pretty nice. Summits have sales racks for open box items. Since I live close, I like taking walks around them. Being Mopar guys, these type of parts are few and far between. I guess every now and then we get lucky.

-
Back