HDK - Power rack pinion help needed

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Getting my Scamp dialed in and as I'm not a young man I'm wanting to change the manual rack and pinion over to power but haven't quite figured out the pump and hoses needed to do this on a small block. Any help - direction - pictures - parts needed would be great

Getting my Scamp dialed in and as I'm not a young man I'm wanting to change the manual rack and pinion over to power but haven't quite figured out the pump and hoses needed to do this on a small block. Any help - direction - pictures - parts needed would be great

You probably oughta call Denny, find out what rack he uses, I know in some cases, the power rack and the manual rack have different mounting locations to the K frames, I'm not sure if this is the case on the HDK, but I know it is on other K frames that convert to rack and pinion. Requiring a complete K frame, or new mounting points to be welded on. I know the Mustang II style power rack has mounting points over 1 inch farther apart than the Mustang II syle manual rack.

Thanks but when I bought my HDK Denny thought I was using power instead of manual the only difference was some spacers

As I know he's busy I didn't really want to bother him but sent Denny a message anyway

Read it at 6am.....replied this evening.

Rod, you are correct, you use the same K, but due to the mounts on the racks being different from a manual to a power.....on some applications, depending on oil pan, you will need to use 1" shorter spacers to place the rack in the same position.

On the plumbing....see my earlier reply

-
Back