He just runs right over old farm tractor

-
dont know how old thi
Obviously he's from Stupidislovika.
don't know how old this thread is , but having grown up on a farm , this ^^^^^^^^ wasn't a real bright statement .
Rural America has always used roads to get their farm vehicles to the other side of the section or farm...
I`d like to have a dollar for every time I have been on a road on a tractor , "might consider another mopar!"
We had a 1941 Massey Harris with a 6 cyl. chrysler car engine in it , it was freaking dangerous , but as a teen ager , I loved it !

dont know how old thi

don't know how old this thread is , but having grown up on a farm , this ^^^^^^^^ wasn't a real bright statement .
Rural America has always used roads to get their farm vehicles to the other side of the section or farm...
I`d like to have a dollar for every time I have been on a road on a tractor , "might consider another mopar!"
We had a 1941 Massey Harris with a 6 cyl. chrysler car engine in it , it was freaking dangerous , but as a teen ager , I loved it !
RRR was talking about the operator of the rig, not the farmer...........

The dumb *** truck driver was going to kill someone sooner or later. (head up ***)

Tractor driver in this case was asking for it. (probably done this for 30 years)

He is on a divided four lane Highway probably running 15 mph in a 75.

Two dumbs does not equal a right.

Just saying.

Oh and the truck driver is definitely at fault.
Not knowing the stretch, hard to say what's up-road, but personally I'd have been berm rollin' on a tractor there unless there was a culvert/deep ditch comin' up...

Kind of makes one wonder how many blind people are out there driving. That appeared to be a long strait flat stretch of road, come on you stupid moron drivers, pay attention.

I'm not gonna lie, I feel so sorry for the farmer guy on the tractor. He probably has taken this route 1000's of times with his tractor and unfortunately this was the last due to a trucker not paying attention. I do feel emotional about this, sorry if I do. I too was rear ended by a semi truck, the rest of the traffic around me was moving very slow. The driver must have not been paying attention and then realized he did not have enough room to slow down, so he swerved into my lane which gave him a bit more of room, but it was not enough and hit me from behind. I was rear ended so hard my seat gave out and broke. My car was totaled but I lived thanks to it protecting me. I had pains later in the week that lasted for a few months and going into this year, it's getting better now thanks to the chiropractor, it was the doctor's advice. This farmer guy was not so lucky, he has nothing to absorb this impact, it's just his back. I don't know the final outcome of this accident, but can't help to feel a bit sad for the farmer's/old tractor driver's situation.

That trucker would have hit somebody doing 5mph less than him. The speed of the tractor had ZERO to do with the collision.

Gramma and Grampa sold their farm and moved approx 2 hours North(by car) to Parry Sound. Sold most everything farm related at the auction. Kept a MF tractor and Grampa packed snacks and a thermos and drove that tractor to their knew place approx 8-10 hours by tractor, put putting along
Truck driver was a liability on the road. Dumbass.

What were his options? Fly the tractor in with a helicopter? Don't be ridiculous. There are rural areas all over the country and people drive tractors everywhere to get them there. We see them out here all the time. I DROVE my 49 Ford 8N 6 miles to a tractor show years ago. Took 45 minutes. Admittly, Kitty followed me in her car, but nonetheless, I had my slow vehicle sign on the back in FULL view. I called and asked our local Sheriff's department before I did it, but I already knew the answer. They said "Yes sir, as long as you have your sign posted on the rear of your tractor, you're fine" Wise? You tell me what his options were. Tow it? 100 bucks for what? a couple miles? Yeah, screw that. Trucker was 100% at fault. Any law enforcement officer in any rural county would tell you the guy driving the tractor had every right of way given him by the law. Not to mention he was hit from behind. The only time I know of that's not the fault of the vehicle in the back is when the front vehicle is backing up. Otherwise, it's always 100% the fault of the person in the back. It's just wrong headed to think the guy driving the tractor was any way whatsoever in the wrong.
Please see attached photo. This is where tractor man belongs when using his decidedly off-road vehicle to go long distances along a divided highway.
Screenshot_20240505-121122~2.png

That trucker would have hit somebody doing 5mph less than him. The speed of the tractor had ZERO to do with the collision.

Trucker was in the wrong, but someone going five under on the freeway is a lot less likely to be hit (much more relative time between vehicles) and a lot less danger (much less relative velocity) than someone going fifty under...
I agree, lots of death on YouTube. Sharks have always intrigued me and a video of a child getting attacked and killed popped up. You can't unsee that s**t.

Tbh, I think people need to see this stuff. They're not going to look up from their phones to see it in reality like we used to, and that was how we learned back in the day....

Please see attached photo. This is where tractor man belongs when using his decidedly off-road vehicle to go long distances along a divided highway.
View attachment 1716245891

Trucker was in the wrong, but someone going five under on the freeway is a lot less likely to be hit (much more relative time between vehicles) and a lot less danger (much less relative velocity) than someone going fifty under...

Tbh, I think people need to see this stuff. They're not going to look up from their phones to see it in reality like we used to, and that was how we learned back in the day....
I see an orange slow moving vehicle triangle on the fender of the tractor ,"totally the truck drivers fault !!!"
probably on drugs to stay awake ...

Farmer has the right to drive tractor on the road. That is a standard two lane road with a shoulder on both sides. The farmer only had a couple better options.

1: The farmer could have loaded his tractor on a truck and trailer, and hauled it.

2: The farmer could have been followed by a vehicle with flashers on.

3: The farmer could have had somebody else move the tractor for him.

Driving the tractor in the ditch for transportation purposes, is not a viable option.

That is a standard two lane road with a shoulder on both sides
That's what I thought at first, it's a four lane, divided highway. Yellow stripe on the left, white on the right and white dashes between the lanes.

So does that make it illegal for the tractor to be on the road?(serious question)
After a quick search, it appears it may be legal to operate a tractor on a highway in Iowa. He had th required reflective device needed for going thirty-five or less on a public road.

For these who don't know, tractors and other types of construction vehicles driving on a two lane divided road is more common than many may think and are legal in specific areas depending on specific uses. Usually the rule is that they must have the orange reflective triangle when on the road and drive in the slow lane. This type of accident could happen to anyone else driving a slow machine, like the town mantinance crew, or the highway department. The trucker should have been paying attention.

-
Back