head casting number 4772576?

-
Myron,
All heads that I flow are at 28", as this is the standard for the industry.
heres a ported 308 with a 1.88 valve, I didn't flow the exh. as I was only interested in the int. flow. The heads that are previously posted are out of the box and not ported.

ported 308 w/1.88
lift int.
.100 80
.200 172
.300 216
.400 239
.500 248
.600 247

stock W-2 w/2.02/1.60
lift Int/exh.
.200 104/91
.300 157/133
.400 206/153
.500 247/172
.600 241/182
.700 235/185

stock 915 w/2.02/1.60
lift int/exh
.100 84/79
.200 138/121
.300 199/148
.400 218/149
.500 225/153
.600 219/155
.700 220/155

You can also find other heads that I flowed on the cylinder heads 101 thread, and they cover a wider selection with different modifications done to them. The flows that I'm posting here are the closest to what you've ask for.
What is the whole casting # on your 576 heads?
These heads haven't ever been milled to my knowledge, and the valves that I use are from mopar as they will flow better than the aftermarket stuff, and also being made by Ferrea are a high quality valve.
As for compairing these heads to the 308's we might as well be talking about 318's and 360's as theres that much difference in them. These resemble a aluminum race head more than a stock iron head, I've seen alot of iron heads and haven't seen stock set look like this. Physically they look the same from the out side, but the ports are very different. Also from a tulip intake valve and a nail head there can be as much as 8 cc's lost or gained depending on which way your going. And what manufacture that is used.

Moper,
The Serdi machines don't cost that much, but the tooling cost is up there. I know ........what good is the machine without the tooling and what good is the tooling without the machine.

BJR Racing said:
Moper,
The Serdi machines don't cost that much, but the tooling cost is up there. I know ........what good is the machine without the tooling and what good is the tooling without the machine.

LOL..yup. Kind of like a drill with no bits.

BJ, my flow numbers are right on the money what you posted for the W2's, but I am getting around 201-206 for a stock '915' casting w/2.020 valve. Using a bore of 4.100 test tube fixture. What are you using for a radius port entry? I use 3/4' plexi-glass with a 1/2' radius machined for the '1213' Fel- Pro gasket. Some operators use clay but I find it is difficult to get it exactly 'the same' for each pull on the bench. Yes..28" is industry std. Thank you for the flow data you have posted. I do know how much time is involved with all that testing. Lead on BJ. Terry.

Terry,
The 1213 gasket is a bit larger than the port in a stock head, so I use the clay method as it will conform to the actual port size and this way I don't have a mismatch, I also touched up the valve job as the valve face angle was over .125 wide and I wanted to be closer to what the factory actually had in the head when new for a honest representation of the casting. So this may be the difference in the port flow. I have found as much as 35 cfm's in a good valve job. But this wasn't useing the serdi cutters as they would have removed too much of the bowl and wouldn't have represented the factory casting, and then the #'s would have been off for sure.

Did you get the pics of the 18SPX's I sent you?

BJR,

Please check your PM for more info on all the head castings and part #'s you mentioned.

I can't find the "101" thread! Is it still accessable? Anybody have a link?

Thanks

How does these numbers compare to stock small valve magnum heads? Or are they posted somewhere in the archive?

P5007950 is a Magnum casting, 10 bolt valve covers, pedestal rockers, no provision for rocker shaft oiling. The only difference is the LA intake bolt pattern. I asked a fellow who has had very accurate MP info (I think he works for them...) if there were any iron LA type heads available and the answer is no. So if you can get your hands on the LA type heads, I would suggest you do that. I'll be reworking the 915s i have now.

Locomotion said:
BJR,

I can't find the "101" thread! Is it still accessable? Anybody have a link?

Thanks

Myron,
The thread is on the second page on this forum just up from the bottom.

moper said:
P5007950 is a Magnum casting, 10 bolt valve covers, pedestal rockers, no provision for rocker shaft oiling. The only difference is the LA intake bolt pattern. I asked a fellow who has had very accurate MP info (I think he works for them...) if there were any iron LA type heads available and the answer is no. So if you can get your hands on the LA type heads, I would suggest you do that. I'll be reworking the 915s i have now.

Moper,
You are correct, as all old #'s have been superceded (sp)to the newer magnum style head, as a replacement head.

I was just curious in flow comparison as I have 915's and a set of magnums with valve train and was considering the advantages of each. I wanna keep the A/C on my 318 Cuda but wanna emulate a lesser version of the 400 HP 318 Build up using a cast iron exhaust.

mguner,
I wouldn't use either of them as they would be too much head for the 318 and exhaust manifolds. As for the 915's and the magnums the magnums will flow better, but in both cases they are too large for the little bore of the 318. And with the large ports and the exhaust manifolds the bottom end (low RPM's) will suffer IMO. I would use 360 manifolds on the 318 with 318 heads with some work done to them. Then you should have a fairly strong running engine and have some fuel mileage too. What I do is bowl blend the intake side and gasket match the intake side, and keep the stock size valve, and do a good valve job, and stop at that. Then on the exhaust side I would use the 1.60 from the 915 and use a 75* cutter and do a good valve job and your done with the heads. As for the short block we used the 85-90 pistons for the 318 as they were .020 taller compression height and used all standard parts ( rings, and rods), with these mods you should be between 280 and 300 HP to the rear wheels and around 350 or a bit more out of the engine.

-
Back