Head Casting Numbers????

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Ok, so I went to Upullandpay today to see what might be lurking around. And to find an electronic dist and wiring harness to put in my Valiant. Just looking at a 74 D150 4x4, the same one I pulled a 3:55 489 3rd member out of a month ago, I seen it had some really big tube headers on it....so this piqued my curiosity. The motor is a 360.
I pulled the oil fill cap off and the rockers looked practically brand new so I pulled the valve covers off. The retainers and springs looked new with the orange paint stripes still on the springs. Then noticed the valve seals looked brand spankin new....they are orange ones with the little tension springs around the tops of them...not sure what kind they are?? Also the exhaust springs have new shims under them and have the rotating retainers.
I tried to find a casting number on em but there wasn't any on the outside of any of the intake runners, so I decided to pull the heads.
They were recently resurfaced/milled, under the head gaskets still looked like newly machined heads.
So, the casting numbers are 348915-A on both heads.
Decided to look them up, but any site I went to showed only 3418915 for 70-72 360's.
These are missing the 1's in the sequence. Any ideas?? Just a variance in the number sequence??
They have a 1.60" exhaust and pretty sure a 1.88" intake valve.
Regardless, I think I scored a really good deal on this find....practically a fresh set of heads for $60. Going to go through and check em though...seat pressures, etc.
Prob going to use these on my 318 build now, just have to buy higher compression pistons due to chamber size.
Any help is appreciated!!

ditch the rotators, too heavy for high RPM use unless you idle it like a field pump. May be the reason for the exhaust spring shims.

Lol, yeah, not gonna be a field pump here. I'll have the machinist take care of em. He used to work on the Jeg's pro-stock crew a few years back then decided to have his own machine shop...complete with dyno!! Right here in my hometown.

I've seen others that were missing the middle "1" also. Somebody must have been hung over and missed a number when they made the casting, LOL

-
Back