Head gasket recommendations

-

Illahe

Mopower
Reaction score
Evening gentlemen,

I'm looking for some feedback on my current build, 414 ci 12.5:1. The Mopar engine books claim sealing issues with high compression and stock blocks. Any advice from experienced builders would be appreciated.

Evening gentlemen,

I'm looking for some feedback on my current build, 414 ci 12.5:1. The Mopar engine books claim sealing issues with high compression and stock blocks. Any advice from experienced builders would be appreciated.

If the head and block finish permit it I would probably throw a set of Cometic Gaskets on it and forget about it.

Evening gentlemen,

I don't have a small block and I know the clamping force of less bolts but I just built a 12.9:1 big block and no I have a less than optimal RA finish on my heads but I applied 10 coats of copper coat spray on my cometic gaskets and has not failed

I recommend running head gaskets as opposed to not running head gaskets.

if you go with Cometics and are in somewhat of a hurry I would figure out the thickness and bore size you need and get them ordered. I’ve waited three weeks and I’ve waited three months. I think things are calmed down some now since Covid isn’t on the news every night. Minimum of .030 over your bore size. I prefer more so I can do some nice chamber work. I’ll sacrifice a little compression for more head flow.

if you go with Cometics and are in somewhat of a hurry I would figure out the thickness and bore size you need and get them ordered. I’ve waited three weeks and I’ve waited three months. I think things are calmed down some now since Covid isn’t on the news every night. Minimum of .030 over your bore size. I prefer more so I can do some nice chamber work. I’ll sacrifice a little compression for more head flow.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm seeing the season creeping up.

Cometic is about 2 weeks right now. I ordered a bunch for my brother the first week of Feb, had them by the 3rd week

Any opinion on the mr gasket 1121g? it's the .028 compressed one.. just read some reviews bout leaking coolant from quite a few people and of course they are in my motor :)

I've never had any issues with the Fel Pro 1008, but 11.4-1 is the most compression I've ran.

Any opinion on the mr gasket 1121g? it's the .028 compressed one.. just read some reviews bout leaking coolant from quite a few people and of course they are in my motor :)
I have ran the Mr. Gaskets with aluminum heads with out issue on my 360. My other car has the Holley's I believe that are a bit thicker, .05 with 11.5:1 and 308 castings.

Appreciated. I don't want to be tearing anything down.
I have raced this motor 3 seasons now, probably has 200 passes on it, give or take. All 10 second passes in a heavy car(3350-3370) 10.70’s to 10.40’s but most passes 1/8 mile.
I race quite a bit.

I have run 14 to1 with the felpro 1008 ,on a restricted engine all season with out a failure in a stock.car

-
Back