head light problem 68 dart.

-

abodyrich

Reaction score
I bought a 68 dart in pieces, also bought donor car. got all of the lights to work except instrument panel. after bragging to my neighber how good things were going, i put the second headlight in and it didn't work. i looked at original working headlight and now it doesn't work . i checked sealed beam connectors and i have power on all three terminals. whats up?

Check grounding, and condition of headlight connectors

Dash lamps are a bit of a trick. The dash dimmer control on the light switch "gets power" from the tail light circuit, so it has to be working first

The dimmer of course has to be turned towards the left (brighter). Power goes OUT of the dimmer on a tan / light brown wire down to the INST fuse in the panel. This is the only fuse that is supplied in this manner.

So with the tail or headlights on, the dimmer to the left, check for power on both sides of the INST fuse. This is the small fuse on one end of the panel.

Leaving the fuse all panel dimmer controlled lamps are fed with ORANGE wiring.

Relay kit those baby's, and it'll solve the current problem as well as the one you will have later (dim headlights)

Rob (Crackedback) has kits for them.

Thanks for info. Ground worked great. Haven't tried dimmer but will try it next.

-
Back