Headed to Hawaii - Maui

-

res1vw21

It's only metal
Reaction score
Well I am going to Hawaii for a week and am wondering if there are any members on Maui? I will be staying near Lahaina. I would love to see what you guys are doing out on the islands and of course do a little bench racing. 8)

most of us are on Oahu, at least Maui still has a track, they took ours away. take Hana road in a convertible if you can. You will have scenery overload. Aloha

val3.JPG

most of us are on Oahu, at least Maui still has a track, they took ours away. take Hana road in a convertible if you can. You will have scenery overload. Aloha

The Hana road is absolutely amazing. Just don't get in a hurry. It is a narrow, twisty road with countless blind curves. Watch out for the crazy locals. But, you will be rewarded with some of the best scenery you can imagine. Plan on taking a whole day for the trip. Go a little past Hana and you'll come to an old church/graveyard. Charles Lindbergh is buried there.
Take a bicycle ride down Mount Haleakala, but be sure to take a coat. At 10000+ feet it gets cold. You don't do any pedaling on the way down. Gravity works well.
If you're scuba certified, go diving at the Molokini crater, but do that before going to Haleakala.
If I could make a living selling painted coconuts to tourists, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the suggestions. Last time I was on the islands I did an intro suba thing and LOVED IT! I have always wanted to drive the road to Hana so that might be on the list, I would definitely go see Charles if we do. Thank you guys!

Gotta agree with 340 833 dart, definitely do the Haleakala bicycle ride. And don't forget the frozen peas if you do any snorkeling or scuba, the fish will come up and eat right out of your hands.
Didn't get to do the road to Hana the only time I was on Maui - good excuse to have to go back! I loved it and would move in a heartbeat if I could make a living there.

Driving the Hana Highway is definetly a white knuckle experience! Especially when the locals are passing you!

Have Fun.

if you're renting a car DO NOT tell them you plan to drive the hana highway. have fun and wear plenty sunscreen -aloha

-
Back