Header advice needed

-

k7nqkb

Reaction score
Just finished having a new motor built using the Brodix B1BA heads on a new 340 Mopar Performance block - now my old headers will not work (Spitfire design) The sparks plugs are in a different location and run right into the header pipes. Does someone make an off the shelf header that will bolt right up to the Brodix heads and still fit into my 1966 Dart GT ?? Any advice would be appreciated - photos of a set of headers using Brodix heads - even better!!!!!!!

I can't help but I wish your splitfires were available before I bought my Doug's headers. :banghead:

About a year ago, I was working for a fellow who insisted on putting those heads on a 340 in a 71 Cuda strictly for street. And this guy mostly, probably 95% of the time, putts it around.
Any way, boy was he in for a surprise come header time. He searched for weeks and came up EMPTY. We finally bought IIRC a set of Hookers and cut them up, and made them fit. Then we fit them in the chassis. More cutting, welding,hammerring, etc. When we were all done we cleaned them up and sent them out for coating.
-To their credit, that combo, with those heads made 497hp with a 237*ish cam. Well, I should say, he told me thats what it made.

I built a set for mine, sold them to a guy in wichita kansas, I know he never used them, I know his name but don't have his number, I think he would sell them, the tubes all cleared the plugs but I drilled the heads for the stock mopar small block exhaust flange and built the headers with the stock flange, I believe the other holes on the brodix heads were w2 pattern. this is the best pic I could find, wouldnt mind getting my homemade intake back also If I could find this guy

So I found a local guy that's building a custom set for the '66 Dart project with the Brodix heads - Thanks to everyone that responded! Anyone interested in a set of Spitfires?? Perfect condition - no cracks or banged up.

I have 2 custom made sets, one for the b1 ba Brodix head, the other for the MP w5 heads, the thing is the only work with my cromoly k member and coil over ( no torsión bars) its a 65 Valiant....let me know if you need more picx. Gilberto

Attachments

• image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 213
-
Back