Header bolt recomendations

-

HemiTM

Reaction score
I have a set of Hooker Competition Headers on a 318. I need to replace the header bolts the previous owner used. Any suggestions?

Check Summit they sell some with locking clips that keep the bolts from backing out.

I put a dab of #2 sealant on the ends of my standard bolts, never have a problem with them backing out now..

On mine (SB) I used locally obtained allen head cap screws, as the header bolts are too difficult to access with wrenches or sockets

Thanks for the input. The back one on the drivers side is a bear to get to. That will be my problem child.

Thanks for the input. The back one on the drivers side is a bear to get to. That will be my problem child.

Yep. Mine was a bit@% to get at. Managed to get a open end on it and after several applications of penetrating oil and a few torching session I was finally able ot ease her out.

Pat

Those rear'ns are exactly the reason I went allen on some. I use a "ball end" wrench here and there, and have one wrench with a slight bend near the far end of the long arm. I use a cheater on the short arm. This is to clear the rear tube.

I used the stage 8 locking bolts on my 4.7l dakota and they worked a hell of a lot better then the stock bolts. I had header leaking issues alot till i put the stage 8 bolts in place. Has not been a problem in 2 years. So i think its fixed for good.

The bolts seem to rust off and break in stock form and thats the begining of the leaking issue

we just installed the cheap hookers in satuns car used a real long extension and a universal takes the bs out of that bolt drivers last.

-
Back